jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have a special recipe from your mother that you never share?

1. GA Anderson profile image82
    GA Andersonposted 6 years ago

Do you have a special recipe from your mother that you never share?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

My Mom was a brilliant, beautiful intelligent,hard working,inventive, creative person.. but not much of a cook.
    She did have a few good dishes, but her favorite recipes were: "Open can, heat contents." I'll share that one.

3. queen cleopatra profile image91
    queen cleopatraposted 6 years ago

Hi GA,

I inherited several secret recipes from my late Grandma: the Filipino version of the Chinese rice cake, a native Filipino dessert made from the root crop 'ube yam,' and a very sticky and very yummy Filipino rice cake cooked over -- and under -- hot coals. How was that? No worries. I will share these secret recipes in a hub. smile Thanks for asking a very interesting question.

queen cleopatra

4. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

My mom taught me to make peanut butter fudge. I have shared the recipe with my children, but they don't seem to like it as much as we did. It is a pretty simple recipe. It's not written down anywhere. We make it by memory.

5. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

No. I had one that I did not share and then I decided that I wanted others to have the opportunity to enjoy it as well. What is true about this recipe is, that try as one might, they will never be able to replicate it just like my Momma made it...