jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you sneak healthy food to a 2 year old, who is a picky eater?

1. Crochetliens profile image74
    Crochetliensposted 6 years ago

How do you sneak healthy food to a 2 year old, who is a picky eater?

My daughter HATES most fruit as soon as she touches it she freaks out and won't eat it.  She pretty much just loves pizza, milk, cheese, chicken noode soup, and rice.  She does like yogurt with fruit but that's about it.

2. Criysto profile image60
    Criystoposted 6 years ago

The easiest way would be juicing. All kids usually enjoy juice because it's sweet. That would probably be your best bet. Also, sneak veggies into the juice..She won't be able to tell there is even veggies in the juice.

3. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

We juice at least 3 times a day and I've gotten my daughter whose 5, to "eat" kale, and other veggies by juicing them with a couple apples for sweetness. She loves it. (insert evil muhahaha laugh here...)

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Let her go hungary until she is not spoiled , if there is no junk food in the house, she can't eat.  I have to think, who got her into the habit of only eating foods that, are not as heallthy as other stuff.

5. DonnaCosmato profile image95
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

Kids & dips are a natural match! Since she likes the yogurt/fruit mixture, try offering small portions (about 1 T.) of caramel sauce or even chocolate and let her dip the foods in that. Ranch dip seems to be another big favorite with toddlers. Cut the fruits into interesting sizes and shapes, set out several dips, and let her choose which to use.