jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)

What is your favorite unique snack food?

1. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

What is your favorite unique snack food?

2. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Cabbage--Cut into chunks, place in microwave, add lotsa butter & heat until butter melts. Salt to taste.

3. Bubba Jasper profile image81
    Bubba Jasperposted 6 years ago

I usually make some homemade tomatillo chile by boiling about 4 to 6 tomatillos, a jalapeno, a habanero, a serrano and a couple cloves of garlic for about 15 minutes.  Drain and place all in blender with about 1 to 2 tsp.sa;t and blend until liquified.  Serve with fresh tortilla chips or on some tacos!  This is my all time favorite unique snack food!

4. Peanutritious profile image61
    Peanutritiousposted 6 years ago

Instant noodles! The spicier the better!

5. sunshinewaves profile image60
    sunshinewavesposted 6 years ago

Sweet pickles and chunks of cheddar cheese. Sounds weird but the sweet and salty combo is the best I have found. I actually crave it!

6. moonfairy profile image78
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I love roasted red pepper hummus and baby carrots...yum!!

7. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

I'm impressed with these unique snack ideas! They would also make some great hubs! My favorite snack is romaine lettuce wraps. A romaine lettuce leaf with a slice of cheese. It's not that exciting, but it's delish!

8. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

My favorite is probably not all that unique, but I try to always keep a fresh carton of cottage cheese in the fridge and cans of pineapple chunks (packed in their own juice).....Cottage cheese & Pineapple....YUM!

9. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I love almonds. I only eat a handful each day but the benefits are wonderful.  Other than that, I treat myself to a good cup of coffee every morining.

10. CorinneCanada profile image59
    CorinneCanadaposted 6 years ago

I am weird because my favourite snack food is a mix of lentils and rice...

11. petersavage profile image60
    petersavageposted 6 years ago

I can't get enough pretzels - always been a personal favorite!

12. Jolie Fludson profile image59
    Jolie Fludsonposted 6 years ago

For me tuna sandwich. I made that snack so easy and fast. I prefer to make it myself because I get the taste I want on it.

13. profile image0
    mcals71posted 6 years ago

Funny for someone who doesn't much care for meat, I like beef Jerky. I could eat tons of it if it weren't for the fact that it swells in your tummy.

14. pette059 profile image60
    pette059posted 6 years ago

Dark chocolate covered almonds. Slightly nutritious, very filling!

15. Aki Macropoulos profile image60
    Aki Macropoulosposted 6 years ago

Tomato salad with olive oil, vinegar, origanon and a litle basilicum.
    In it few olives and "feta" chease and all that with toasted french bread and
    a glass of red wine

16. Gurpreet Seehra profile image81
    Gurpreet Seehraposted 6 years ago

i like instant Maggie 2 minute Noodles.

17. etower036 profile image60
    etower036posted 6 years ago

Since going on this diet a year ago 1800 calories, I don't get to have all my favorite snacks like potato chips and dip, or even cookies. However, I have learned that there are some great snacks that you can enjoy that are low cal, and can be added to your diet.

Carrot slices.Use a can of sliced carrots, drain and rise. sprinkle on a bit of miss dash.

Snow peas. These are sweet crunchy and ready to eat, just rinse off.

red pepper rings. These are your red bell peppers which you slice into rings. perfect snack which are sweet, savory and delicious.

You can also make a great dip with low fat sour cream, garlic powder, salt pepper and paprika. Use this for all the above snacks.

working