I love Italian style seafood stew-anyone have a good recipe?

1. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

I love Italian style seafood stew-anyone have a good recipe?

Well, the truth is I love to eat but this dish is one of my favorites, Got a good Mediterranean style recipe to share with a hungry guy; who loves to cook and enjoy eating good food even more. LOL

2. Bill Yovino profile image89
    Bill Yovinoposted 6 years ago

I love seafood too and find that the less you do with it, the better off you are. Your best bet is to start with a quick and simple homemade marinara sauce.  You can add any seafood to it and it will be great.

Start by cooking 4 cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil just until it starts to turn golden. Don't brown it or the sauce will be ruined. Add a 28 oz. can of whole Italian tomatoes with the juice. Chop them up in the pan with a knife and fork.  Add a lot of fresh parsley, a little dried oregano, some fresh ground pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional).  Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. 

Now you can customize it any way you want. Add a scrod (baby cod) fillet and/or some blueclaw crabs and/or shrimp and/or whole or chopped clams or mussels. Simmer covered for another 5 minutes or so until the fish is cooked through and shell fish has popped open.  Serve over cooked spaghetti or linguini along with some nice Italian bread.  Enjoy!