jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the most interesting food you've ever eaten?

1. Turtlewoman profile image94
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

What is the most interesting food you've ever eaten?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6252791_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    HubTubposted 6 years ago

I don't know how interesting others would find them, but I would have to say Oysters on the Half Shell.  No thank you; I won't be eating them ever again.

3. networkrecruiting profile image59
    networkrecruitingposted 6 years ago

Oh I'll never forget this one, grilled alligator steak

4. wandererh profile image75
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

It is a dish called tulang.  It is actually bone marrow.  You are served 2 large hollow bones that have been cut in half.  The bone marrow is still inside the bone so you need to knock the bone on the plate to get it out.  And then you just consume the marrow.

It is not actually as bad as it seems as the bones have been cooked and the marrow tastes like butter.

5. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

rattan fruit or littuko. it's skin is light brown and it looks like scales. The fruit itself tastes really sour.

6. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

lychees were very interesting when I first tried them. I'd never heard of them before until my boyfriend (at the time) brought some home...neglecting to tell me that they had pits inside!

7. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Your picture of the breadfruits reminded me that they're pretty disgusting.  I'd have to go with a prickly pear cactus, although breadfruit is right up there.  Being vegetarian, there are only so many odd foods lol.

working