jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you make the perfect Reuben Sandwich?

1. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 6 years ago

How do you make the perfect Reuben Sandwich?

2. biancaalice profile image60
    biancaaliceposted 6 years ago

Making the perfect Reuben Sandwich, easy!

Grab some butter, rye bread, thin sliced corn beef, sauerkraut, few slices of swiss cheese and thousand Isaland dressing.

Heat your skillet on medium. Butter one side of your bread slice and spread thousand on the opposite side. Lay butter side down on the skillet, then layer 1 slice of swiss cheese, 3 slices of corn beef, 2 tbsp sauerkraut, topped with 1 more slice of swiss cheese then topped with the last slice of buttered bread (butter facing out). Then grill to perfection- about 15 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Then eat while it's hot! Yum Yum! I'm hungry now!

3. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I agree with most of what biancaalice says but I use homemade russian dressing (easy to make) and I add a little mustard to liven it up. I also add a lot more corned beef and sauerkraut ( I like a thick sandwich) but to be honest, once the sandwich starts cooking, it shrinks down. If you go on Hannaford supermarket's website, they have awesome "hannaford's inspirations" recipes, and the reuben is one of them. It's the best I've ever eaten.

4. mommytalks profile image61
    mommytalksposted 6 years ago
  5. JayDeck profile image71
    JayDeckposted 6 years ago

You go to Katz's Delicatessen on Houston Street in NYC and shell out about $16. Perfection costs!

working