jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the most successful recipe you have ever used?

1. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 6 years ago

What is the most successful recipe you have ever used?

Describe it in detail including the recipe.

2. Winter Maclen profile image72
    Winter Maclenposted 6 years ago

The ones that aren't written down.  The family recipes we learn at the table as children watching our families cook; make memories and feel comfort.  Over the years I've learned to cook all kinds of things, but those are the recipes I go back to over and over.

3. Brandon E Newman profile image71
    Brandon E Newmanposted 6 years ago

Easy Key Lime Pie-

1 can sweetened condensed milk (such as Eagle Brand)

1 cup bottled Key Lime Juice

3 egg yolks

1 Graham pie shell, or pre-baked old fashioned pie shell

Mix the sweetened condensed milk with the egg yolks, stir in the lime juice.
    Pour into a pie shell and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
    (if you use a thermometer, you want 160 degrees F)

Chill and slice.

4. profile image0
    iamaudraleighposted 6 years ago

I make a pretty good chicken corde en bleu

Also try my cauliflower recipe I wrote about here...http://iamaudraleigh.hubpages.com/hub/Cauliflower-Casserole

5. Marturion profile image61
    Marturionposted 6 years ago

One of my biggest successes is a simple rustic Italian dish commonly referred to as 'beans and greens.'  The traditional dish is simplicity itself, with chopped escarole, heated with chopped garlic and lemon juice for about 20 minutes with cannelloni beans.  I take it a step farther, by adding mild Italian sausage  and gnocchi.  It gets rave reviews from my family and friends, and is requested more than anything else.

6. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 6 years ago

Mole, or Mexican BBQ sauce, has gained popularity due to the efforts of culinary genius Rick Bayless. This simplified recipe for red mole yields a silky, sweet, smoky sauce. A Scoville chart of dried chiles is included. read more

7. wayseeker profile image93
    wayseekerposted 6 years ago

This simple salsa recipe will show you how to make salsa with yellow peppers using an authentic Mexican salsa recipe.  A full cooking video and written instructions are included along with a complete picture gallery. read more