jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you make a great alfredo sauce?

1. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 5 years ago

How do you make a great alfredo sauce?

2. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 5 years ago

Check out my hub, but I will give you a quick recipe, that is very good.
    Hold onto your socks, this one is extremely rich and not for the faint of heart.

Preparation time is about 20 minutes

1/4 lb salted butter melted in a skillet on low heat
    8 oz fresh grated Parmesan cheese
    4 oz fresh grated Asiago cheese
    16 oz heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon white pepper

When butter is mostly melted incorporate the cream, keep on low heat until cream begins to heat up.
    Add cheeses and white pepper.
    Simmer until fully melted and incorporated.
    Be careful not to let it scorch, stirring regularly.
    Remove from heat, but I like to add my pasta before it is done with just a little of the pasta juice and finish it all off in the skillet of sauce.

Make sure to time your pasta or main dish meat to incorporate just before your Alfredo sauce is done

Grilled chicken or shrimp are great toppers for this sauce.

I also enjoy this with fresh mussels if you have them available.

Alfredo Sauce is a very versatile dish that can make any meal "something to remember". Savor the sauce....Blessings:smile

3. Docmo profile image93
    Docmoposted 5 years ago

55 g Butter
    240 ml Double Cream
    2 Garlic, crushed
    2 tbsp Parmesan or gruyere cheese
    salt and pepper
    chopped chives for garnish

If you'r e making this for pasta- put pasta into a pan of boiling water and leave to cook

Melt butter in a pan, fry the garlic in it when hot and whisk in the Double cream- add salt and pepper to taste as you are stirring in the mixture.

Mix in the grated cheese bit by bit and gently cook until fully melted and creamy.. keep tasting and add salt and pepper if needed

( In some recipes 6 egg yolks are added to give the sauce a nice rich finish- whisked in and stirred)

Serve with pasta and garnish with chopped chives.

4. emilybee profile image88
    emilybeeposted 5 years ago

I have a recipe as a hub, too. But my recipe is very basic: garlic, cream, cheese, butter, olive oil, sour cream, milk.... I think that's it.

5. nateismguru profile image65
    nateismguruposted 5 years ago

Alfredo sauce is almost always made alla minute, by reducing heavy cream, adding Parmesan cheese and tossing it with pasta. I wrote a hub earlier describing exactly what technique is used. Check it out at http://nateismguru.hubpages.com/hub/Ver … redo-Sauce

working