jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is a good what to make homemade potato hashbrowns?

1. marlynpumphrey profile image77
    marlynpumphreyposted 6 years ago

What is a good what to make homemade potato hashbrowns?

What is a good what to make potato hashbrowns?

I tried making some last night and they came out horrible.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

Two recipes for potatoes with easy-to-follow instructions. Great addition to breakfast, brunch, or dinner. read more

3. crazyhorsesghost profile image76
    crazyhorsesghostposted 6 years ago

A easy way to make delicious potato hash browns is to wash three or four potatoes well depending on how many hash browns you need and wrap each potato in a wet paper towel. Microwave your potatoes until they are slightly soft. Use care not to overcook your potatoes. Slightly undercooked is okay.

When your potatoes are done chop them up with the skins on them on a cutting board and add them to a skillet where you have just added a little vegetable oil. Chop up a onion real fine and add it to the skillet.

Cook your potatoes and onion over low heat and add salt and pepper to taste. With the skin on them these make wonderful hash brown potatoes. While your cooking the potatoes chop them and the onion up with a spatula into smaller pieces.

Let your potatoes cook over low heat until your potatoes are brown. You will have wonderful hash browns.

4. marlynpumphrey profile image77
    marlynpumphreyposted 5 years ago

So there is no need to use my grater? We used our cheese grater to get it look like shredded potatoes but I think it became very watery so it was impossible to cook them