How to Ship Ice Cream to a Girlfriend?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

How to Ship Ice Cream to a Girlfriend?

I am just wondering how one can send ice cream to a loved one who is in a far away city. Are there special insulating packaging materials required to ensure that the ice cream is received in good condition? How expensive is it to ship ice cream to a girlfriend who lives in different city?

2. aa lite profile image94
    aa liteposted 5 years ago

Are you shipping her homemade ice cream or store bought?  Because if this is bought from a store or a chain I wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to arrange from a shop in her city to deliver the ice cream from her.

There are insulating materials on the market, but I don't know whether I would trust them to keep the ice cream cold enough for long enough.  It would be disappointing if she got melted ice cream soup.

The way I would go about it is to send it through courier, fedex etc.  I think for international (small package) we pay them about $35-can't remember now. 

When we send samples that have to stay frozen we use couriers and send the samples on dry ice (frozen carbon dioxide) in stryrofoam insulated boxes. 

To be honest I can't imagine how this would be worth your while, send her roses and wait with the ice cream until you're together wink

3. Natisu profile image77
    Natisuposted 5 years ago

There are many options. unless its home made you can go to schwans.com and order icecream to be delivered to her house. You could also send her dinner while you're at it. That's what I did for my father on his birthday. I couldn't get the vacation time to go visit, so I ordered him a decorative tin of ice cream and a steak dinner, since thats what we usually do for his birthday when we can get to his house. To save on delivery charges, put your girlfriend's address as the shipping address on your account, and your address for the billing. You can have it set up to bill you at time of shipment or just pay for it upfront. Its up to you. Or, if you don't want to save on shipping its 15 bucks to have schwan's fedex it to her house.
    I hope this helped.

working