jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any unique dessert recipes you use ice cream as an ingredient for?

1. CZCZCZ profile image85
    CZCZCZposted 5 years ago

Any unique dessert recipes you use ice cream as an ingredient for?

Looking for any unique ways to eat ice cream aside from the traditional sundae's, floats, cones, etc.  What are some fun ways to use ice cream as an ingredient in a tasty dessert?

2. Foodstuff profile image95
    Foodstuffposted 5 years ago

Try plum pudding ice-cream: Just smash up some rich fruit cake and mixed it into softened ice cream (use a chocolate ice cream) and then refreeze. Serve with a sauce of your choice - could go really indulgent and pour some chocolate sauce over. smile

I also use smashed home-made chocolate chip cookies - folded into ice cream (I make my own ice cream) and there you have it: Cookies & cream.

3. ishwaryaa22 profile image89
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

I used ice-cream in creating home-made ice cream cake. This recipe is quick, easy, tasty and fun way to make! I bought chocolate-sponge cake and covered them with semi-liquid ice cream and put them in the freezer. I used chopped chocolates over the top. After 3 hours, it was set. It was a big hit among my family!

4. profile image0
    susanm23bposted 5 years ago

We like to make our own ice cream sandwiches with homemade cookies.  Soften the ice cream just a bit so it will spread out between the cookies, wrap with plastic wrap and refreeze until ready to eat.

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 5 years ago

I sometimes have oranges, apples, pears, slightly cooked and until a smooth sauce is formed at the bottom of the pan, then have with ice cream and pecan nuts