jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some good and easy pasta salad recipes for packed lunch?

1. Linda Bliss profile image91
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

What are some good and easy pasta salad recipes for packed lunch?

2. Keri Summers profile image87
    Keri Summersposted 6 years ago

To your cold pasta add sliced or halved black olives, plenty of capers, some halved cherry tomatoes.  Add torn fresh basil, and stir through with a little extra virgin olive oil, and lots of black pepper.  Or cheat like I do and use basil infused olive oil which is more convenient.

Or you could swap the tomatoes for some flaked tinned tuna (preferably where the tin has had nothing else except water in it rather than brine or oil).

The secret I find is not underestimating the volume of other ingredients you need for the salad not to be bland. Having said that I realise I haven't given quantities, I always do it by eye.

3. GoodLady profile image93
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

A nice one is pasta 'alla checca' 4-6 people.
    You buy the very short pasta called 'ditalli' (DITALLI)  and while you bring the large pan of salted water to boil, and boil the whole package  for the time it says on the box and not a second more, you prepare these ingredients.
    4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    2 mozzarellas
    1lb and half  of tomoatos that are red and firm and sweet.
    salt
    chopped basil leaves (about 10 of them).
    Peel the tomatoes (drop them in boiling water for 30 seconds, then peel).
    Squeeze the juice out of them so all you have is the pulp, chop them very small.
    Put them in the pasta bowl you will be tipping the strained pasta in.
    Add the olive oil, the chopped basil and the chopped up small mozzarella, salt.  Mix well.
    Add the pasta and mix very well.  It is good hot, cold or tepid and travels well.

4. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

Pasta salads are both economical and delicious. They can often be served hot or cold. The can be used as a light main dish for a meal or as a tasty side dish. read more

working