jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you bake cake from scratch? Will you share your best easy-to-follow cake rec

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Do you bake cake from scratch?  Will you share your best easy-to-follow cake recipe?

I hate cooking, but I love to bake.  So far, I've been using ready mix cake recipe.  Do you have a cake recipe that I can follow easily?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

Rosie, Sometimes when the mood strikes me I will bake a cake from scratch. I have this amazing recipe for a double chocolate fudge cake that I will share as soon as I get all the ingredients together.

3. rdown profile image75
    rdownposted 5 years ago

I have a few cakes that I make from scratch.  They are all from the Barefoot Contessa.  You can find her recipes on foodnetwork.com.

4. WorkAtHomeMums profile image89
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

I was always a packet cake maker. My mum too. She somehow used to add a bit of extra this and that and people were true believers that it was homemade.
    When my daughter turned one a couple of years ago I decided I wanted to cook her cake. From scratch and since then I have never touched a packet. I've made muffins, cupcakes, you name it. I can't take credit though for any recipe. I usually pick a Donna hay butter cake one and then put my spin on its final look and flavours.

working