jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

At what age did you start cooking?

1. LailaK profile image76
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

At what age did you start cooking?

2. Silver Fish profile image86
    Silver Fishposted 5 years ago

I strated helping at around 5 or 6, but wasn't allowed to cook for myself until after I left home. Food was very scarce and my mother never trusted me with the precious ingredients.

3. MatthewLeo1701 profile image73
    MatthewLeo1701posted 5 years ago

Does making coffee for my mom count as cooking? I pretended that I was her gourmet chef each and every morning. I guess you can say that I was a junior barrista.

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago

I started cooking dinner at age 12, cuz both my parents were at work and someone needed to cook dinner.

5. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

I started cooking on my own around 12 years old, since my mom was at work and I arrived home before she did, so it made sense I prepared dinner. I think it was very good for me, really learned a lot and I love cooking.

6. Dia Jacobs profile image67
    Dia Jacobsposted 5 years ago

I started cooking at the age of 9. First thing I learnt to cook was a sunny side up egg. I was so amazed of cooking the egg till I cook a few eggs in that same day! I remembered it so well because I have a stomach ache later on that day!

7. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

I'm actually not sure of an exact age, but my interest in cooking goes way back. When I was 12 years old I made cornish game hens for my parent's anniversary and when I was 13 I made leg of lamb. I remember being disappointed with the leg of lamb, but my parents gobbled it up. I'm sure they wanted me to feel good about my efforts!

8. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

seems like I've been cooking since birth! But I think I started around 9 when I got my first "easy bake oven"....from then on you couldn't keep me out of the kitchen.

9. ishwaryaa22 profile image89
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

As a child, I lent a helping hand to my mother and made simple dishes such as rotis (Indian thin cooked bread) and dosas ( Indian thin crisp rice-pancakes) - this happened when I was around 12 years of age.

10. eternals3ptember profile image61
    eternals3ptemberposted 5 years ago

My dad taught me to cook when I was nine so I'd stop waking him up early on his days off to cook me breakfast, but just things like scrambled eggs, bacon, etc at first.

11. smartincome profile image76
    smartincomeposted 5 years ago

I cooked my first rice when I was still in kindergarten with the help of my mom. smile