jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Which is better to drink: room temperature or ice cold water?

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

Which is better to drink: room temperature or ice cold water?

Does it matter?

2. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 5 years ago

It depends on the kind of weather you are in smile ideally room temperature is considered BEST for any consumption of fluid.

1. Catherine Kane profile image81
      Catherine Kaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Respectfully, I've never heard an reason why room temerature would be considered the best for consumption of liquids. Why would this be the case?

3. ktrapp profile image96
    ktrappposted 5 years ago

I have heard that drinking cold water increases metabolism and burns calories since your body has to work to warm it up.

4. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

Ice cold water not only tastes better, but also does burn more calories.

Room temperature is ok, but I'm not aware of any reason why that would be preferable or optimal.

5. Catherine Kanode profile image56
    Catherine Kanodeposted 5 years ago

Ice cold!! Drinking an 8 oz. glass of ice water will burn calories!

6. htodd profile image59
    htoddposted 5 years ago

Room temperature water works great and your body need not to work out out more to gain normal temperature

7. alphagirl profile image81
    alphagirlposted 5 years ago

It has been said that room temp is better because it doe not shock your system.
    Most people find it thirst quenching in hot summer heat to drink something icy cold. It is ok so long as you are not eat food at the same time. The cold water will put your stomach juices in shock and it will slow down digestion. If you eat something greasy (fries and a burger)and the water is icy cold, the oil will harden like lard. EEWE! It is better to drink a hot tea if you are eating anything greasy.
    So...room temp is better. Icy cold when it is the only thing you are consuming. Then give yourself 20 minutes before eating. Let the water absorb through your system.

8. Goelganga profile image57
    Goelgangaposted 5 years ago

yup,it matters i think room temp water should be preferably used for  drinking purpose.