jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is Splenda (sucralose) healthy?

1. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

Is Splenda (sucralose) healthy?

Common consensus seems to hold that it at least carries fewer health risks and side effects than aspartame or saccharin. But is this true? What have independent studies revealed?

2. Adamowen profile image81
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

It is the same as any other substance, fine in moderation. I can't remember the safe dosages exactly off the top of my head but you're fine to consume it. I will post a link to some studies when I find them again sir.

3. Jojosi profile image60
    Jojosiposted 5 years ago

Although Splenda may not penetrate the blood brain barrier as do other substances, hence entering the brain and creating neurotoxin havoc at the brain center, Dr Janet Starr Hull says, Splenda can still adversely affect the body in several ways because it is a chemical substance and not natural sugar. Use it with caution!

1. rmcleve profile image80
      rmcleveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I second this!

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I am a diabetic, type 2 borderline. I never used sugar in my coffee or tea, so I did not have to give it up. I use Splenda on breakfast cereal and it works fine. No ill affects so far. You can find web pages stating otherwise, but the FDA has not issued any warnings.

working