How Do You Make Wine?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

How Do You Make Wine?

What fruit can you use to make wine besides grapes that tastes good? What kind of grapes are used to make wine? How long does it take to make wine? How many grapes does it take to make wine? What is the exact process in making wine?

2. Arren123 profile image77
    Arren123posted 5 years ago

Great question. I've written a few hubs on wine making, still got some more to write up. I'm old fashioned in my wine making and many of the recipes I have go back to the 50's and 60's but still make wonderful wine. You can make wine out of almost anything, it's just matter of playing around with sugars and fruit to get the wine to your liking

3. Lukyman profile image61
    Lukymanposted 5 years ago

My personal favorite fruit wine is Choke Cherry.  It makes a tarter wine.  Depends on your palate.  If you like sweet wines then you might like one of the berry's.  In my youth I tried to make dandelion wine, it is quite a pain as you have to gather a huge amount of dandelion flowers, and only the petals can be used so you have to separate all the rest.  I felt that the effort was not worth the outcome as the wine had a bitter cast to it.

working