jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What Is The Best Advice For Planning A Well Balanced Diet?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. Grams Study profile image60
    Grams Studyposted 5 years ago

Follow the basic food groups Lots of raw fruit and steamed vegetables I liked your blackberry dessert.  It is full of good nutrition. Home made always has more nutrition and less additives than ready made ones.  Use as little sugar as possible when cooking.

3. danajconnelly profile image71
    danajconnellyposted 5 years ago

Eliminate items like sodas/pops and cut fruit juices with seltzer. Proper hydration is essential to a healthy diet.

4. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4277472_f260.jpg

You could use a rough formular without being too particular about details. Divide the plate into four parts. Let one part have carbohydrates. The second part should comprise proteins of your choice. The third part should have vegetables and the last part should have fruits. Crown it with plenty of water and you will always have a heathy diet in all your meals.

5. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Include plenty of red wine and garlic. No matter what you eat, that'll cut the grease and clean out your arteries anyway, so it balances out everything else.

6. Tonipet profile image84
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

I think it is best to first determine the main reasons of your planning for a balanced diet and how much effort you are willing to put into the change of eating pattern. Doing so can make planning and adapting for one easier.

7. Linzred profile image61
    Linzredposted 5 years ago

I would advise you to eat 3 well balanced meals a day and to use the following guideline.

Porridge and fruit is a great breakfast.

For the other meals I would follow the 'plate division' idea.

A quarter of your plate should be lean protein such as chicken or fish, another quarter should be wholemeal carbs such as brown rice or quinoa. The other half of your plate should be filled with a variety of vegetables.

Have 2-3 snacks a day based around fruit and protein such as an apple sliced and spread with 1 tsp peanut butter.

Drink 2 litres of water daily.

Eat oily fish such as salmon twice a week.

Sugary and fatty and processed food should be a very occasional treat.

working