jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is a good breakfast food?

1. TinaAtHome profile image73
    TinaAtHomeposted 5 years ago

What is a good breakfast food?

What do you usually eat for breakfast?

2. Electro-Denizen profile image83
    Electro-Denizenposted 5 years ago

I usually just have fruits. But if that doesn't seem satisfying, Bircher Muesli does the job! wrote a hub on that some time ago. It's worth trying to see how lovely it is: http://electro-denizen.hubpages.com/hub/Bircher-muesli

3. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

Hello! Well, if you're talking healthy breakfast I also have Bircher muesli. I published the authentic Swiss recipe a while back in a hub. I also wrote a hub with recipes for egg bagels, mini bacon-spinach souffles and blueberry-lemon scones, all of which are some of my breakfast favorites. As a matter of fact, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! Served with a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice and coffee with cream, it keeps me going all day long.

4. rdown profile image74
    rdownposted 5 years ago

Oatmeal is a great breakfast.  It's good for you and filling.  here is a great recipe for oatmeal with shredded apples.
    http://rdown.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-ma … on-Oatmeal

5. etower036 profile image59
    etower036posted 4 years ago

They always say (who ever they are.) "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." And yes they are right. However, most people do not eat a healthy breakfast. They may have a (heaven help us) a quick meal at a fast food restaurant, or worse, they will get their food out of a vending machine, as in a mini doughnuts, or those Dutch buns or pastry and coffee.
    Breakfast for my wife and I used to be full of fat and sugars and as a result, we gained weight, so we have changed that.
    On the average day, we would have scrambled egg, with a cream gravy over bread. I might even put sausage or bacon on the side. (4 - 6 pieces thank you very much) Course then we would also put salt all over this to bring flavor, and butter.
    Now we will have a vegetarian omelet with green onion and spinach. We use Eggland's brand because of all the good nutrition that is in them. (no plug intended.)
    We would also have some fruit like mixed fruit or an orange or bananas.
    Another thing that we do is I make Oatmeal pancakes which is out of this world and healthy.  (2 cups wheat flour, 1 cup oats, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup sugar (I use Stevia blend of Stevia and fructose) 1/3 cup milk. Mix together and cook.)
    There are times that we will just have regular oatmeal with some fruit mixed in or with real maple syrup. I used to get  the instant hot cereal till I saw that there is too much sugars or total carbs in it. So we just make it and I only let the oatmeal cook for 1 minutes and that's it.
    I will have sausage once in a while but I will make it myself with ground turkey, less fat and control of what is in it.
    Thanks for the question, I answered one similar to this one but I always love to share my opinion on subject near and dear to my heart.

working