Do you usually have breakfast? Or do you leave it out?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (19 posts)
  1. janetwrites profile image80
    janetwritesposted 10 years ago

Do you usually have breakfast? Or do you leave it out?

Some people have breakfast while there are some who leave it out because they have no time.

2. NYCL2010 profile image60
    NYCL2010posted 10 years ago

I always try to  eat breakfast, even if I'm running late to work. It can be a single Pop Tart for all I care.

3. lburmaster profile image73
    lburmasterposted 10 years ago

Usually, I have a small or even nonexistent breakfast, but then I noted the difference. You can last through the day longer and with less food later if you have a big breakfast. So I force myself to indulge in a hearty first meal.

4. sweeteeth profile image63
    sweeteethposted 10 years ago

I can never leave home without breakfast. For me my breakfast is the most important meal of the day after that I can survive practically without anything.

5. ketage profile image82
    ketageposted 10 years ago

A big breakfast, I can skip lunch, but if I skip breakfast, I seem to have a lot less energy.

6. Kathryn Stratford profile image89
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

I am definitely a breakfast person! Even if I don't have much time, I make time to have it within 2 hrs of waking up. If I know I won't have much time in the a.m., I will prepare breakfast as much as possible the night before. It helps give me energy, and it helps me to avoid overindulging for lunch.

7. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 10 years ago

I always make sure that I eat breakfast before going to work. It starts me off for the day. If I am rushing and don't have enough time I will grab a banana to eat on the way to work or buy one of those breakfast bars which you can munch on the way to work.

8. janetwrites profile image80
    janetwritesposted 10 years ago

Thank you for all your answers. I'm also a breakfast person. Even if I had to get up at 4 or 5 AM I would eat something.

janetwritesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

etower036, thank you for your comprehensive answer. It's really interesting. You also shared a recipe for pancakes. Many thanks

9. vespawoolf profile image92
    vespawoolfposted 10 years ago

I can probably count on one hand the times I skipped breakfast. We don't always make something elaborate. Oftentimes, we do a quick but filling smoothie which has almonds and oatmeal in it. When I have a little more time and want a healthy breakfast, I make a batch of Swiss muesli. We store it in the fridge and eat it for several days.
    On weekends, we might splurge and have pancakes or waffles (my husband's favorites) or bagels, English muffins or scones (my favorites). I do think eating breakfast, even if it's just on-the-run, starts off my day right.

janetwritesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This sounds great!

10. etower036 profile image60
    etower036posted 10 years ago

I was going to answer this question yesterday, but my "not so smart" phone battery went dead. (Confound it, the batteries are dead.)
    Most of the time, my wife and I eat breakfast, but it is not really a planned out menu, it depends on our muse. Like this morning got the hunger for eggs and I thought omelet. So I saute'd off some spinach with olive oil, then added 2 eggs whisking it together, cover with lid and reduce heat to medium low. cook 1 minute. Flip over, add shredded cheese, cover for 30 seconds, and then fold over and serve.
    We also get this product from walmart called "Bio -Salud!" it is a drink from Mexico that has enzymes and  Probiotics which are healthy for boosting the bodies ability to break down sugar, Boost immune system, Controls harmful bacteria in the body. It is like yogurt, but its sort of a quick shot drink. Since using it, I have found that my blood sugars are balancing out. (type 2 diabetic) So I am very pleased with this product.
    Back on point to the question, my wife and I will have oatmeal sometimes, rarely do we eat cold cereal. We have pancakes once in a while but they are oatmeal pancakes. (2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder,  1/3 cup sugar substitute. Two eggs. 1/3 cup vegetable oil. mixed well.) We also get real maple syrup. (I use 1/2 cup real syrup poured into a sauce pan with 1/2 cup sugar substitute. 1/3 cup water. Bring to a boil then add 2 tsp corn starch and 1 tsp water mixed together, add to the maple syrup." thickened up add a tbsp Butter. use over pancakes. you can store this in fridge for a couple days, just reheat.
    Sorry turning this into a novella. Thanks for the question...

11. Diana Lee profile image77
    Diana Leeposted 10 years ago

I only have cereal and coffee,but I never skip it. Years ago I use to skip breakfast. I could have used more energy to get me through to lunch.  Breakfast is important.

12. profile image0
    athurionposted 10 years ago

I usually have breakfast.  It gives me energy for the whole day.

13. Kevin Peter profile image61
    Kevin Peterposted 10 years ago

I hae breakfast daily at the same time. Having breakfast keeps us smart and energetic throughout the day. It is necessary that everyone have breakfast daily.

14. aminahchahine profile image58
    aminahchahineposted 10 years ago

Yes janetwrites, I always try to have breakfast as it give energy through out the day, even in case we skip any meal in between..There are so many health benefits of breakfast - It helps control weight and protein blunts hunger. Going to work without having breakfast simply means you are going to many times in a day - a big reason behind gaining fat. Our long-term health totally depends on what we eat and the time we eat. Skipping these benefits may result in severe illness and diseases. I would suggest to add protein, fruits and grains in your breakfast and you will feel energetic.. If you are bored of traditional breakfast - try something creative. It is not at all an excuse to skip breakfast that we do not have time....

15. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

yes, i have breakfast everyday even though it is just a cup of hot cocoa and biscuits. I make sure that my kids had their breakfast too before off to school.

16. Renee Abbott profile image80
    Renee Abbottposted 10 years ago

I try to start out the day by breaking my fast with a smoothie. There are so many types, and I also enjoy creating smoothies.

17. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 10 years ago

I usually don´t eat  breakfast as I´m not hungry at that time, so I take brunch instead. English tea with milk in the morning is enough as long as I don´t have to go out working.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)