jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (19 posts)

Do you usually have breakfast? Or do you leave it out?

1. janetwrites profile image83
    janetwritesposted 4 years ago

Do you usually have breakfast? Or do you leave it out?

Some people have breakfast while there are some who leave it out because they have no time.

2. NYCL2010 profile image59
    NYCL2010posted 4 years ago

I always try to  eat breakfast, even if I'm running late to work. It can be a single Pop Tart for all I care.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Usually, I have a small or even nonexistent breakfast, but then I noted the difference. You can last through the day longer and with less food later if you have a big breakfast. So I force myself to indulge in a hearty first meal.

4. sweeteeth profile image76
    sweeteethposted 4 years ago

I can never leave home without breakfast. For me my breakfast is the most important meal of the day after that I can survive practically without anything.

5. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 4 years ago

A big breakfast, I can skip lunch, but if I skip breakfast, I seem to have a lot less energy.

6. Kathryn Stratford profile image87
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 4 years ago

I am definitely a breakfast person! Even if I don't have much time, I make time to have it within 2 hrs of waking up. If I know I won't have much time in the a.m., I will prepare breakfast as much as possible the night before. It helps give me energy, and it helps me to avoid overindulging for lunch.

7. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

I always make sure that I eat breakfast before going to work. It starts me off for the day. If I am rushing and don't have enough time I will grab a banana to eat on the way to work or buy one of those breakfast bars which you can munch on the way to work.

8. janetwrites profile image83
    janetwritesposted 4 years ago

Thank you for all your answers. I'm also a breakfast person. Even if I had to get up at 4 or 5 AM I would eat something.

janetwritesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

etower036, thank you for your comprehensive answer. It's really interesting. You also shared a recipe for pancakes. Many thanks

9. vespawoolf profile image98
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

I can probably count on one hand the times I skipped breakfast. We don't always make something elaborate. Oftentimes, we do a quick but filling smoothie which has almonds and oatmeal in it. When I have a little more time and want a healthy breakfast, I make a batch of Swiss muesli. We store it in the fridge and eat it for several days.
    On weekends, we might splurge and have pancakes or waffles (my husband's favorites) or bagels, English muffins or scones (my favorites). I do think eating breakfast, even if it's just on-the-run, starts off my day right.

janetwritesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This sounds great!

10. etower036 profile image60
    etower036posted 4 years ago

I was going to answer this question yesterday, but my "not so smart" phone battery went dead. (Confound it, the batteries are dead.)
    Most of the time, my wife and I eat breakfast, but it is not really a planned out menu, it depends on our muse. Like this morning got the hunger for eggs and I thought omelet. So I saute'd off some spinach with olive oil, then added 2 eggs whisking it together, cover with lid and reduce heat to medium low. cook 1 minute. Flip over, add shredded cheese, cover for 30 seconds, and then fold over and serve.
    We also get this product from walmart called "Bio -Salud!" it is a drink from Mexico that has enzymes and  Probiotics which are healthy for boosting the bodies ability to break down sugar, Boost immune system, Controls harmful bacteria in the body. It is like yogurt, but its sort of a quick shot drink. Since using it, I have found that my blood sugars are balancing out. (type 2 diabetic) So I am very pleased with this product.
    Back on point to the question, my wife and I will have oatmeal sometimes, rarely do we eat cold cereal. We have pancakes once in a while but they are oatmeal pancakes. (2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder,  1/3 cup sugar substitute. Two eggs. 1/3 cup vegetable oil. mixed well.) We also get real maple syrup. (I use 1/2 cup real syrup poured into a sauce pan with 1/2 cup sugar substitute. 1/3 cup water. Bring to a boil then add 2 tsp corn starch and 1 tsp water mixed together, add to the maple syrup." thickened up add a tbsp Butter. use over pancakes. you can store this in fridge for a couple days, just reheat.
    Sorry turning this into a novella. Thanks for the question...

11. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

I only have cereal and coffee,but I never skip it. Years ago I use to skip breakfast. I could have used more energy to get me through to lunch.  Breakfast is important.

12. profile image0
    athurionposted 4 years ago

I usually have breakfast.  It gives me energy for the whole day.

13. Kevin Peter profile image71
    Kevin Peterposted 4 years ago

I hae breakfast daily at the same time. Having breakfast keeps us smart and energetic throughout the day. It is necessary that everyone have breakfast daily.

14. aminahchahine profile image60
    aminahchahineposted 4 years ago

Yes janetwrites, I always try to have breakfast as it give energy through out the day, even in case we skip any meal in between..There are so many health benefits of breakfast - It helps control weight and protein blunts hunger. Going to work without having breakfast simply means you are going to many times in a day - a big reason behind gaining fat. Our long-term health totally depends on what we eat and the time we eat. Skipping these benefits may result in severe illness and diseases. I would suggest to add protein, fruits and grains in your breakfast and you will feel energetic.. If you are bored of traditional breakfast - try something creative. It is not at all an excuse to skip breakfast that we do not have time....

15. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

yes, i have breakfast everyday even though it is just a cup of hot cocoa and biscuits. I make sure that my kids had their breakfast too before off to school.

16. Renee Abbott profile image83
    Renee Abbottposted 4 years ago

I try to start out the day by breaking my fast with a smoothie. There are so many types, and I also enjoy creating smoothies.

17. Thelma Alberts profile image89
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

I usually don´t eat  breakfast as I´m not hungry at that time, so I take brunch instead. English tea with milk in the morning is enough as long as I don´t have to go out working.