jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What makes Oreo cookies so special and popular?

1. Suzie HQ profile image95
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

What makes Oreo cookies so special and popular?

2. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

I think Oreo cookies have a unique and bold flavor that really sets them apart from other cookies.  In addition to this, Nabisco has done a great job marketing this product as a nostalgic food that the family can enjoy together.

Suzie HQposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks CWanamaker, I only knew Oreo from it being mentioned in movies and then noticed it on the supermarket shelves here about a year ago! The marketing must be excellent on them for them to last so long! Thanks for your reply!

3. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

I feel they have been so well marketed that the producer has been able to disguise the actual taste.

Thanks CyclingFitness,I guess marketing has a huge amount of an impact with the sales it generates year upon year. thanks for your comments!

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Nothing, I tried them once, spat the mouthful out it was sickenly sweet and cloying.

Hi MickS, my partner would certainly agree with you, he really does not like them! Thanks for your reply!

5. profile image0
    Jhudahposted 5 years ago

maybe because of that "twist, lick and dunk" thing. LOL

Ha!! In a nutshell you could be right! LOL Thanks Jhudah!

6. Grim Master profile image60
    Grim Masterposted 5 years ago

They taste so gooooooood. Milk and oreos are good too. It must be the cream filling between the two cookies that makes it all the better.
    But I can't eat them. On a diet.

Good for you having the willpower!! Even on a diet I find I need a wee treat to satisfy my sweet tooth! Thanks for your reply Grim Master!

Closed to reply

working