What regional or national grocery stores don't use ammonia/pink slime in their b

1. 4FoodSafety profile image76
    4FoodSafetyposted 5 years ago

What regional or national grocery stores don't use ammonia/pink slime in their beef?

The New York Times reported that our school children are eating beef that has been exposed to ammonia in order to sanitize the beef.

To some, the use of ammonia has been labelled "pink slime" because it is camouflaging less than quality beef as filler.

The food labels for beef need to clearly state the "processing chemicals" here in the United States. How do we know? Where can we shop safely?

2. mariacolomy profile image88
    mariacolomyposted 5 years ago

As far as a regional grocer - Publix (I don't know which states they are in, but they are a fairly large chain) sells grass-fed beef, buffalo, and several other non-slime options. I've never heard of any store whose entire operation is slime-free.

My local farmers market has several farmers who sell organic, grass-fed, free range meats. Your best bet is to find someone at a local farmers market or food co-op, or get fresh cuts from a butcher (if any still exist in your area) and to stop supporting these mammoth stores who sell toxic food.

The closer it is to it's whole state the better - if it's already in a package, it's probably already full of slime. Great question posted. I am excited to see of others have found good sources of clean food.

working