jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Is it normal to drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day?

1. roxygurl464 profile image60
    roxygurl464posted 5 years ago

Is it normal to drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day?

2. arlofton profile image59
    arloftonposted 5 years ago

Absolutely! I just finished cup #4 ten seconds ago! I have cut back on my coffee in the past three years, though. I used to have four in the morning, followed by two cups in the afternoon. I changed jobs and lost my afternoon coffee (it simply wasn't available.) I am glad that I did. I no longer feel tired in the afternoon!

3. Cristale profile image84
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

only 1-2 cups per day is considered healthy. As far as normal, I haven't met a single coffee drinker that was...just kidding smile

roxygurl464posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha, yeah I can totally agree with you!

4. profile image55
    kumar24894posted 5 years ago

Yes it will not cause anything. But if you will overdose then its side effects are very dangerous, it can kill too.

5. sethpowers profile image69
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

Normal in the sense that a majority of the population also does it? Yes. Is it healthy? No. As with most things, using what the rest of the population does to gauge normalcy is erroneous. You should really watch your intake of artificial stimulants if you care about your health. Besides, coffee is expensive and disgusting. You are better than that.

Thanks for the great answer, I did however watch a story on the news last week that drinking coffee actually helped to prevent cancer...unfortunately, I didn't get to catch the whole story.  I am definitely going to look into this though.

6. yeagerinvestments profile image85
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

Coffee possess antioxidants which are beneficial to your health. I only drink 1-2 per day after my morning run. I don't drink more than that because it just makes me super tired in the afternoon. I think it's pretty normal to drink 3-4 cups per day and I can see how people would. Moderation is key.

Ever since our boss purchased the Keurig coffee maker for the office, I feel like 4 cups a day has become the norm.  But, you're right, I do tend to feel a little sluggish when I get home in the evening...I must be coming down from my caffine high big_smile

7. profile image51
    ace17posted 5 years ago

Yes, I think it is normal to drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day. I don't drink coffee very much because I need to be careful with my health because I understand that water is most important drink to drink 8 cups a day so it depend on how often you drink coffee. Make sure that you have some water too because when I drink coffee, I will have water with me after I am done with coffee.

8. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

You'll sleep better if you drink less than that, but a lot of people do it without keeling over.

working