jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)

What is your favorite part (food) of Thanksgiving dinner?

1. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite part (food) of Thanksgiving dinner?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

It's a tie between the turkey and candied sweet potatoes! :-)

1. profile image73
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good to me. I think the turkey is one of my favorites too.  In actuality I've been known to answer "thanksgiving dinner" when someone asks my favorite food.

3. Bretsuki profile image80
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

For me the definite favorite is Pumpkin Pie.

I could skip the whole Thanksgiving Dinner for just a taste of pumpkin pie, no cream or Cool Whip, just good ol' pie. smile

1. profile image73

MMMMM...... pumpkin pie definitely is delicious.

4. Sharkye11 profile image95
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

The dressing! I have been using my grandmother's from-scratch recipe for dressing for years, and I always make it the same size roaster as the turkey so that I have enough to enjoy for a long time.

1. profile image73

yum! this is one of my favorite dishes as well.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

My daughter's mother-in-law makes Candied Yams from fresh yams and they are fantastic. I could make a meal of those Yams and leave everything else alone.  She also makes a fantastic potato salad but not on Thanksgiving but it sure is great.

1. profile image73

I'm not a huge yam fan myself, so if you were at my table I'd certainly make sure you got an extra helping.

6. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I love the meat and potato stuffing that my grandmother used to make....I only make it on Thanksgiving and always wonder why because it's just so good!

1. profile image73

interesting! i've never heard of putting potatoes in the stuffing. might have to try this some day.

7. glassvisage profile image90
    glassvisageposted 5 years ago

This might be cheating, but I like to put it all together in a (vegetarian) sandwich with the stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry, and green bean casserole in a dinner roll smile

1. profile image73

sounds good to me! i love stuffing sandwiches! i mean its definitely a carb load but such a good friday after thanksgiving lunch smile

2. Handicapped Chef profile image80
      Handicapped Chefposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree it sure do sound good I may have to try this it's like a sandwich casserole.

8. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I love the mixture of turkey with stuffing.  Since we only make our menu on this one particular day, I really look forward to all of the foods served together. 

It's funny to see how a simple meal can bring so many comforts and memorable moments that we remember year after year.

1. profile image73

I agree turkey and stuffing is an excellent combo.

9. TNSabrina profile image59
    TNSabrinaposted 5 years ago

I love it all! I guess my favorite would be my mom’s stuffing. I have tried lots of varieties of stuffing, and I have to say she makes the most delicious stuffing I have ever tasted!

1. profile image73

I love it all too! I've been known to answer Thanksgiving dinner when asked my favorite food smile

10. Handicapped Chef profile image80
    Handicapped Chefposted 5 years ago

I like to make a homemade cornbread dressing or what some people call stuffing, ...I make make several pans of cornbread then I crumble it up then I saute some sage ground sausage drain the grease off the sausage I add some onions and celery to the sausage then combine this to the cornbread I add some chicken stock to soften the cornbread a little poulty seasoning melted butter sea salt , garlic powder and pepper Add it to a greased baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees ....Its just awesome.

1. profile image73

That sounds delicious! I was just looking at a list of suggestions for ingredients to add to stuffing and now I'm craving it. I might not be able to wait til Thanksgiving, might need to make a small "just because" batch next week.

11. Trish303 profile image74
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

Mine is the sweet potatoes. I love them and there are always the most on my plate. next would be stuffing.

working