jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are some good ways to gain healthy weight?

1. lindiesl profile image61
    lindieslposted 5 years ago

What are some good ways to gain healthy weight?

Junk food is not a suitable answer nor is it healthy. Skinny people can die of heart attacks too, just because you don't see the fat on your (their) body doesn't mean the arteries are full of it. wink

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I know what you mean. You can work out and gain muscle. That's always a possiblity.

3. profile image54
    edsciposted 5 years ago

I agree with Iburmaster--one excellent way to gain weight is to work out.  Muscle is more dense than fat, and is therefore heavier.  Also, the process of working out is good for your health in general--strength, stamina, your overall feeling of well being,  etc.

Beyond that, your diet plays a huge factor in gaining weight, both healthy and unhealthy.  As you're looking for the former, I would recommend a diet high in protein and carbohydrates.  That will give your body what it needs to synthesize both muscle cells and modest reserves of body fat.  If you start an exercise regimen, protein and carbs are especially important.  For protein, think lean meats like chicken breast or fish, and when it comes to carbs, pasta and breads are your friend.  If you're not into meat, tofu is a great protein base for meals, and peanut butter makes for a protein-rich snack.

Whatever you do, stay hydrated!  The body requires water to digest proteins, and working out can take the fluid out of you.  You may need to step up your fluid intake somewhat to adjust for lifestyle changes like these.  I hope this helps.

4. jclaffee profile image78
    jclaffeeposted 5 years ago

Up your calories with high nutrient foods, like vegtables and healthy, complex carbs. Simple carbs (aka sugars) are very common and definitely hurt your attempts at gaining a healthy weight. Protein sources need to be lean like grilled chicken and fish. Coumound movements will give you more bang for your buck when it comes to exercise. These include squats, lunges, push-ups, pull-ups and many more.

I've written several hubs on this very topic. Please visit my profile for complementary information if you so wish. I'm glad you have an interest in health and fitness! Good luck.

1. lindiesl profile image61
      lindieslposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank You Jclaffee. I will def. check out your hubs. wink

5. profile image47
    Bannya8658posted 5 years ago

you can eat every day five banana.I think banana are a great food for health.
    Banana are rich in calories while at the same time are low fat.Banana is an
    ideal food it reduces hunger and thirst.If eat it every day it is control high blood
    pressure and high cholesterol event heart disease also.you can drink lots of water
    and take balanced diet.Take around 1200-2500calories.Eat fresh fruit and fresh
    fruit juice.

working