jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What are some healthy foods that will help someone gain weight?

1. sholland10 profile image93
    sholland10posted 5 years ago

What are some healthy foods that will help someone gain weight?

2. Joe Macho profile image97
    Joe Machoposted 5 years ago

I'm no nutrition guide by any means, but I think that Avocados would probably one fruit to add to your weight gaining list.

3. dipsmi profile image73
    dipsmiposted 5 years ago

mix 1 banana with 1 glass of milk. This will help you in gaining weight without making you look fat.

4. WD Curry 111 profile image60
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

Are you sure you want to gain? If you eat properly and get plenty of exercise, you should be okay. Otherwise . . . there is no otherwise. Figure it out.

One thing to keep in mind . . . some people in Mongolia live to 120 on a diet of meat,  mare's milk, mare's cheese, and mare's curds. There are very few vegetables, or refined grains in their diet.

That won't  work for me. I crave fish, and on occasion . . . bangers and mash . . . samosa . . . enchilada . . . mole' . . . el ropa . . . roti . . . cous cous . . . chicken bog . . . big fat Texas T-Bone . . . Poy! . . . Gator Tail . . . lean pork chops, oven fried . . . sweet 'taters . . . beer . . . Jamaican Patty . . . fried dumplings . . . pressed duck . . . all kinds of pie . . . sorry, I am going to get a mega-blaster burrito with seared tuna and lobster!

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Potatoes, red meat, pork, chicken, fish - if someone is built like me (bone thin) then the only way to gain weight is with a non carb high protein diet, and resistance exercise...potatoes are good for carbs that are NOT deadly FDA approved bleached grains.

6. truthfornow profile image82
    truthfornowposted 5 years ago

Nuts like almonds have healthy fat.  Not sure if you can gain a lot of weight from them.  Just eat more calories than you burn off.

7. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

This is an interesting question, and I guess there are some people who need this advice.  I know that avocados have healthy fats, as well as nuts.  I still think you need to watch the sugars and starches of some foods that would cause you your blood-sugar levels to increase.

8. ShepherdLover profile image73
    ShepherdLoverposted 5 years ago

Nuts (choose unsalted so you aren't getting too much additional sodium) would be a good choice.  They have a lot of nutritional benefit but are also high in calories.  There are also a lot of higher calorie but very nutritious granolas, trail mixes, and energy bars.

9. Grant's World profile image84
    Grant's Worldposted 5 years ago

Protein weight gain drinks are healthy. They obviously provide a lot of protein plus some carbs and a little bit of fat with vitamins and minerals.

10. The Frog Prince profile image77
    The Frog Princeposted 5 years ago

Avocado, nuts and bananas are a few.

11. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

Eat eggs, they are full of protein, vitamins and minerals. It's a nutrition filled food source for any diet. Check out this hub: http://diana-lee.hubpages.com/hub/THE-M … RS-OF-EGGS

12. Deborah Brooks profile image78
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

You need to gain weight? What do you like to eat?  Bananas and milk are healthy.. So are nuts and fruit.. pasta is good ... If you want the carbs... fish and chicken any protein.