jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite way to cook carrots?

1. unitify profile image77
    unitifyposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite way to cook carrots?

One of my favorite foods is carrots.  I'm running out of ways to cook them.  Any great ideas would be appreciated.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7148937_f260.jpg

2. jennyjenny profile image60
    jennyjennyposted 5 years ago

1.  Sliced, steamed and then quickly tossed in a little butter with chopped toasted walnuts, then sprinkled with a bit of ginger and cinnamon and a squeeze of fresh orange. 
    2.  They are also fantastic sliced and roasted in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil and a little salt & pepper. 
    3.  Sometimes I mix them with sliced of apple and parsnips and sprinkle with cinnamon and walnuts and then roast them in the oven in the fall.
    I've never met a carrot I didn't like.  smile

1. unitify profile image77
      unitifyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They all sound great.  Can't wait to try them.

3. MomsTreasureChest profile image90
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

The worst way....smothered in brown sugar, honey and cinnamon!

4. Mama Kim 8 profile image92
    Mama Kim 8posted 5 years ago

My absolute favorite way is alongside a whole roast chicken or turkey. I cook the poultry in an oven bag and all around the bird I stuff coarsely chopped onions, red potatoes and baby carrots... rub some poultry seasoning and butter on or under the skin of the bird and roast according to the instructions for the bag. The carrots come out soft and infused will all the yummy roasted flavors...mmmm This is what I always do for thanksgiving and christmas. I look forward to those carrots even more than the turkey!

My other favorite is making them into carrot cake... which I have a hub on.  ^_^

5. robbinsm profile image60
    robbinsmposted 5 years ago

Slice them vertically and pan-sear them in just a little butter. Dip in soy sauce too, if you like.

6. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Glazed Carrots. Put half a thing of butter and melt it in the microwave with some brown sugar. We've never measured the brown sugar but not too much. After those are melted and stirred, pour the liquid over carrots and put those in the microwave until soft. It tastes like candy.

working