jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

What are your favorite hors d'oeuvres to eat?

1. Leroyworld profile image59
    Leroyworldposted 5 years ago

What are your favorite hors d'oeuvres to eat?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Hands down, my favorites are stuffed mushrooms and (authentic) Buffalo wings. I could make a meal out of either.

Leroyworldposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I love stuffed mushrooms; but, I am not sure what makes up authentic buffalo wings, although I like what is served around here.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I lived in Buffalo for a little while, and the wings are huge, crispy and tasty. I've never had them that good anywhere else! They're also not spicy, unless you request the hot ones.

3. Leroyworld profile image59

Georgie Lowery - That's interesting.  The wings down here (Texas) are spicy unless you request the mild ones.  I just might have to visit Buffalo.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Tip: Don't come in the winter... ha! It's cold as all get out up here! Also, if you're ever here, try the pizza too. It's AMAZING!

3. ptrg777 profile image67
    ptrg777posted 5 years ago

For me. Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil with Olive oil and Balsamic.

That is a very nice and refreshing hors d'oeurver.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Mine would have to be calamari, shrimp fetti, and shrimp skampi. Lots of shrimp and always seafood smile

I love seafood.  I wish I lived nearer to the coast, hopefully someday.

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Seafood has always been a rare treat. If you ever go to New Orleans, try their crawfish.

3. Leroyworld profile image59

Iburmaster - I have been to New Orleans many times; but, my favorite dish is from Homa, La.  There is place neat the docks in that town.  They serve the best fried oyster po-boys.  I have not been there in years, so I hope it is still there.

5. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I love shrimp cocktail, fried scallops and fried ravioli with marinara sauce.  When eating out, my favorite is the Blooming Onion from Outback.

Ohh - Fried ravioli, I haven't had that in years.  Reminds me of St, Louis.  I will have to try the Blooming Onion someday.

6. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I love stuffed grapeleaves, buffalo wings, bacon wrapped scallops, deviled eggs and genoa salami.

working