Have you attempted to go on a dietary restriction? Were you successful?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Have you attempted to go on a dietary restriction? Were you successful?

Personally, I limit my dairy intake and the only meat I eat is fish. I am about to attempt going gluten free for the second time. My first attempt failed because it was too expensive for me. Now I'm going to go about it in a different manner, by just eliminating things which would naturally contain gluten opposed to buying expensive gluten free alternatives.

2. DS Duby profile image92
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

I have ulcerative colitis and have had to seriously adjust my eating habits including the removal of all dairy, alcohol, most seasonings that I enjoy and many many other foods. It is miserable, not to mention nearly impossible to achieve completely. But fortunately I haven't had to remove most meats yet as they usually have little negative effects.

3. Audrey Baker profile image85
    Audrey Bakerposted 5 years ago

I became a vegetarian. I tried it as a teen, and it only lasted a few months at best. I tried again four years ago and it went very well.

I have given up more than just meat. Gelatin, for instance, isn't vegetarian friendly. It's amazing how many things gelatin is in (marshmallows, many candies, some sour cream, some cottage cheese, some personal hygiene products, many supplements and vitamins, etc). Before becoming a vegetarian, I appreciated skittles from time to time. Now that I haven't eaten them in so long, they don't seem appetizing to me whatsoever.

I think anyone can modify their eating if they want or need to. The more time that goes by, the easier it becomes. Eventually, it's second nature.