jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

When reaching for a goal that you can’t quite achieve, do you reevaluate the goa

1. Charlu profile image80
    Charluposted 5 years ago

When reaching for a goal that you can’t quite achieve, do you reevaluate the goal or the attempt?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Both. There might not be enough steps and I forgot something or I attempted it from a different perspective that wasn't entirely helpful. The goal is normally not wrong. However, sometimes I pursue a new goal to take it's place if the goal doesn't fit my needs.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Your question says reaching for a goal. If I can reach the goal I better quickly re-evaluate that goal at look farther down the road for something better - in my view. I plan on achieving objectives toward a goal, yet when I see the goal quickly becoming a reality, then I re-evaluate and either create a new goal or change the conditions of that goal making it an objective while realizing it was not the goal to begin with

Is the goal to get 10 yards and a 1st down or is it to get onto the scoring side
    Is the goal to get to the scoring side or make the touch down
    Is the goal to make the touchdown or lead at half-time
    Is the goal to lead at half-time or win the game
    Is the goal to win the game or conference
    is the goal to win the conference or the division
    is the goal to win the division or the league
    is the goal to win the league only one year or more

1. teaches12345 profile image95
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent, Tsmog!  I would agree that if you are not reaching a goal, you probably need to re-evaluate.  However, this would be after several good attempts at trying to accomplish the first goal.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

I think you have to re consider both, with a stress more on your attempt. Have you attempted  it in the most perfect way----given the goal your 100%----was it a half-hearted attempt---did you do your  homework properly and things like that.

5. Escobana profile image73
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

Both always. The attempt is more important though. If more than one attempt fails, I reevaluate the goal again.

Due to such a way of thinking I´ve had to let go of some unrealistic goals/wishes/dreams in order to reach for others.

This gave me the opportunity to focus all my energy on everything I could really turn into reality.