jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you used the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image91
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Have you used the Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust?

Did you like it?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I used it this Christmas  for an apple pie because I didn't have time to make crust from scratch. It turned out good but not as flaky as I was hoping for.

3. bearnmom profile image66
    bearnmomposted 5 years ago

I use these most of the time now because of the time involved and the uncertainty of the dough for rolling out.  Most of the time, I use this pie dough for one crust pies such as chocolate cream, banana cream, lemon meringue.  If I use them for two crust pies, I brush the top crust with beaten eggs and sprinkle sugar over the crust.  This compensates for the flaky with the added sweet taste.

4. JimTxMiller profile image80
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Oh, darlin', just make your own! Yes, I have resorted to ready-made pie crusts and found them serviceable at best. Using these is tantamount to proclaiming "I care enough to make pie for you but not enough to make a GREAT pie for you!"

I know, you don't always have time to scratch build a pastry. Take the time! Set aside 30 minutes to mix a large batch, and I truly mean LARGE batch. Break it down and bag it in single-crust portions and toss 'em in the freezer.