Are there any healthy alternatives to soft drinks that will still satisfy me lik

1. Kmwill profile image55
    Kmwillposted 5 years ago

Are there any healthy alternatives to soft drinks that will still satisfy me like my favorite sodas?

We all know the downfall of drinking sodas. Most are high in sugar, calories, and other ingredients that the everyday person can't even pronounce. This can lead to weight gain, sluggishness, headaches, and even tooth decay.
    Sparkling flavored water has worked wonders for me. I have lost weight with this diet change alone. With 0 calories, 0 grams of sugar, 0 carbs, 0 grams of fat, and no sodium it obviously blows soda out of the water in the health department! Most sparkling water is far cheaper also. The best part...with the carbonation, it gives a total sense of drinking your loved soda.

2. Theophanes profile image97
    Theophanesposted 5 years ago

Sorry, the reason sodas are satisfying is because it is full of sugar and things your body thinks it needs when it really doesn't. Water is always going to be the best option. That being said juice can be healthy. It has just as many calories as soda but can be chock full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. If you ever see studies about red wine being healthy to drink in moderation just remember Welch's grape juice is made out of wine grapes - all the same benefits with none of the alcohol so its actually healthier! You do want to read labels. A lot of juices these days are actually sweetened with a ton of corn syrup, sugar, and other sweeteners. Avoid these, they are just like soda. Only drink the ones that 100% juice! I drink one small glass of juice each morning - it satisfies my desire for something sweet while still allowing me to drink water the rest of the day. You can also put a little bit of juice in your water to flavor it if you prefer.

working