jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What is your favorite way to eat squash?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite way to eat squash?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7336899_f260.jpg

2. skylarboo profile image61
    skylarbooposted 5 years ago

Cut in think slices. Lay the slices out on a tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle fresh ground pepper and Kosher salt. Broil in oven on top rack for about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven.

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have tried squash like this before. I did add some Mrs. Dash too.
      It's great as a veggie to go along with a meal, or to serve as a snack.

Lisa

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It depends on the squash. I really love it steamed or baked with butter, salt and pepper.  Spaghetti squash is awesome backed and eaten like spaghetti with a little sauce.

4. catgypsy profile image78
    catgypsyposted 5 years ago

This is for yellow crookneck squash. Slice, then fry in butter until golden brown. As for zucchini, slice and fry in olive oil with fresh garlic, then splash with some soy sauce right before serving.

5. moonfairy profile image77
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I often cook summer squash and zuchinni together. I slice both really thin and saute in a little butter and olive oil and then season it with celery salt.

6. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

We love to brush big slices of zucchini with olive oil and grill them on the BBQ. I also like to do a quick stir-fry of zucchini, red pepper, onion and garlic. I finish it with a sprinkle of kosher salt and oregano. Yum!

7. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

My favorite is sliced and used as a dipper for hummus, sometimes with salsa.  Using it as an ingredient in breakfast breads is our second favorite way to eat squash.

working