jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I was just wandering if anybody could give me some tips on food, which stimulate

1. Mathewson profile image78
    Mathewsonposted 4 years ago

I was just wandering if anybody could give me some tips on food, which stimulate brain activity.

2. artist101 profile image68
    artist101posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6786527_f260.jpg

The most obvious is caffeine, from any source. Foods containing the amino acid Tyrosine, will also help. Such as almonds, avocados,bananas, dairy, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds. Tyrosine is the precursor for norepinephrine, and dopamine, as well as adrenaline. Tyrosine also regulates metabolism, suppresses the appetite, and helps to reduce body fat. It also attaches to iodine receptors and produces active thyroid hormone. Aminos are not for everyone, those under the age of 18, those taking MAOS, or anti depressants, and those with a history of kidney, or liver disease, as this is where Aminos are metabolized. If you have a history of these conditions, discuss supplementation with your healthcare provider before proceeding.
    For other supplements, and advice about brain health, as a way to offset disease, as well as treatment: http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/How-t … -naturally

1. artist101 profile image68
      artist101posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great Question!!

2. Abby Campbell profile image94
      Abby Campbellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with artist101!

3. artist101 profile image68
      artist101posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Abby Campbell, this question was a challenge. Had to look this one up.

3. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 4 years ago

Yerba Matte is a herbal tea from south america that while having less caffeine then coffee or black tea has some other stimulants in it (can't remember which ones). But your mind will be fully alert within minutes of drinking it. there is no crash just a nice slow decline when it wears off.

4. dashingme profile image72
    dashingmeposted 4 years ago

I would suggest take brain supplement like gingko biloba and eat peanuts. On these hub I provide health benefits for the peanut and you might like to try on how to fry peanut http://dashingme.hubpages.com/hub/Fried … for-snacks
    Don't forget  to take a nap or sleep as a great option.

5. Handicapped Chef profile image78
    Handicapped Chefposted 4 years ago

Eggs' nutrients can help you with weight management, muscle strength, eye health, brain function and having a healthy pregnancy. Particularly important for aiding healthy brain function and pregnancy is choline (pronounced KOH-leen), which is amply present in eggs. ,,,,,,But one of the most obvious foods that stimulate the brain is water. Human brain molecules are made up of approximately 80 percent water, which is necessary to maintain healthy membranes for neurotransmission. An adequate amount of water daily keeps the brain from getting overheated and aids in waste removal and circulation. Further, brain dehydration leads to fatigue and loss of cognitive functioning both in children and adults. The RDA for water is approximately eight 8-oz. glasses per day.
    I just had this conversation with my brother and he is a doctor.

1. Mathewson profile image78
      Mathewsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thx for the great answers!

working