jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think underage drinking is okay?

1. Zaiden Jace profile image70
    Zaiden Jaceposted 4 years ago

Do you think underage drinking is okay?

2. EJ Lambert profile image75
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

It's like drinking in general.  It depends on the person and the situation.  If we're talking 18 to 20-year olds dealing with the stresses of teenage and college life, then yeah I think it's fine.  If it's a kid starting at 11 or 12 because his father or mother does it is when you have a real problem.

3. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Not in the US; it is too taboo (although I do think if one is old enough to join the military they are old enough to drink). In other countries, however, underage "children" are taught to sample wine, beer and sometimes liqueurs at the dinner table. It teaches them to savor the taste without getting intoxicated. But drinking just to get wasted? No good for anyone, especially the very young.

4. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I think that drinking as a whole is bad.  Now if this is done at your own home where you will not be on the road, then I'm fine with it.  If it's done at a bar and you have a ride home, then that's also fine. 

My biggest problem is people who drink, are of age, and they get behind the wheel and drive.  There have been too many accidents and deaths from intoxicated drivers.  This needs to stop. 

So I don't really think that underage drinking is a "problem."  What is a problem is people who can't handle their alcohol and if they are irresponsible.

working