jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are there health issues caused by drinking out of aluminum cans or eating foods

1. twig22bend profile image76
    twig22bendposted 4 years ago

Are there health issues caused by drinking out of aluminum cans or eating foods from aluminum cans?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Probably not. A common rumor that began circulating stated that aluminum caused Alzheimer's disease. This originally came from a study that seemed to show that there was a slightly greater amount of aluminum in the autopsied brains of Alzheimer patients than other subjects. Studies since then have showed no correlation to aluminum intake to Alzheimer's disease, or, in fact any disease.

3. Sharicey profile image60
    Shariceyposted 4 years ago

Great question! Aluminum is found in many every day products including those that we don't eat (like antiperspirants and cookware). Our exposure to aluminum is insanely high when you start thinking about all of the things that contain aluminum. Here is an article that goes more in depth on the topic and it has many reference that also discuss the dangers of aluminum.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natu … m-dangers/

My personal opinion is that Aluminum may be relatively harmless but overexposure to something can turn harmless into dangerous. I opt to limit my exposure however, I'm not opposed to eating canned foods, or using it in my kitchen. I try to do this sparingly and I avoid aluminum cookware. I hope that article helps to answer your question.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Newsflash We're All Going to Die! :-)
    Seriously I would not worry about consuming beverages or food from aluminum cans. I grew up drinking soda from cans and from time to time we had those nasty 5lb hams that came in a can too! LOL (Several decades later I'm still here).
    I know eventually "something" is going to get me arsenic in the rice, hormones in the chicken, mercury in the fish,  E. coli in spinach, tomatoes, and beef, thin ozone layer, unknown side effects from prescription drugs that are on the market today. Every other month there is a food "recall" of some kind.
    One thing is for certain if we stop eating we're going to die for sure! ha ha ha

working