jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why do some people put their heads in the pot to smell food?

1. dianetrotter profile image73
    dianetrotterposted 4 years ago

Why do some people put their heads in the pot to smell food?

I think it is rude and must be unsanitary.  I've seen kids stick their heads under the glass at buffets, so they can get close to the food.  Am I being too  picky?

2. Reginald Boswell profile image82
    Reginald Boswellposted 4 years ago

Clearly this is your pet peeve, obviously you've been brought up with decent manners, Imagine the stuff that took place before you saw what you saw? God Bless!

dianetrotterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Reginal! So you don't mind having a potluck at work.  Someone takes a nose dive and scans the table?

2. Reginald Boswell profile image82
      Reginald Boswellposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It happens to the best of us, the Good Lord said prayer and the Word of God santifies that what we eat. More importantly the words we say defiles more than that which is chewed. However, the manners of some are beyond reproach, God Bless!

3. Ericdierker profile image56
      Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I tell you I am with Diane on this one. If my little snotty nosed 3.7 year old did that he would get a look that would scare Chucky for Halloween. Yuk. Of course I believe in hair nets and not eating next to someone without a shirt on ;-)

3. kineticpoet profile image60
    kineticpoetposted 4 years ago

The possibility of spit and hair kind of freaks me out. I also hate potlucks, everything about them... and I'm not sure why. My kitchen probably isn't any better than most. At the same time, smelling is part of enjoying food... I'd recommend, if you can, trying to stay away from buffets and the like. That's what I do and I don't think I'm missing out on much!

dianetrotterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of  potlucks, I worked with a lady who loved to bake.  She brought brownies and sat them in my office.  She came back and asked how they were.  I had put toothpicks by all the cat hairs.  She said at least it wasn't human hair.

working