jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why when religions are brought up in questions on Hubpages is my religion the mo

1. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Why when religions are brought up in questions on Hubpages is my religion the most picked?

I am LDS or a Mormon if you wish to dechristionize me.

2. Hridyapal Bhogal profile image59
    Hridyapal Bhogalposted 7 years ago

Its not your religion only my friend...many others are discussed upon as well......I feels really bad when people say that this is "My religion"....and this is not "My religion"

3. Diane Inside profile image80
    Diane Insideposted 7 years ago

I agree with Hridyapal it seems to be alot of different of religions. maybe you just notice yours more. I feel that if people have a religion, that is believing in a higher power, a creator, then they would not criticize any religion, but have respect for others. Sorry you feel attacked by some, don't let that phase you, it will make you stronger. Mormons have had bad publicity so I'm sure that is some of it. But it still is no excuse. Best wishes.

4. Shadow Of Elisha profile image62
    Shadow Of Elishaposted 7 years ago

Any religious belief that is not along the mainstream of today's popular belief, is considered a cult or 'peculiar'. Welcome aboard! Most beliefs that have not stemmed from Roman Catholicism and its core belief system, is thrown to the wayside. Without too much being said here, this has been going on for centuries!

5. h_blunck profile image48
    h_blunckposted 7 years ago

Well, Christianity can only be proved by the so-called New Testament itself, so what would be the difference between believing the carpenter was son of God and/or that the book of mormon might be inspired? ;-)

--
    Sincere regards

Henrik Blunck
    http://armstrongism-ultimate-guide.blogspot.com/

6. Michelle Callis profile image59
    Michelle Callisposted 7 years ago

If individuals truly trust in their "higher power" and that their specified "higher power" is truly supreme and powerful over all things and circumstances then why do said individuals worry and concern over bearing up under focus or criticism?

It seems that "religions" by nature are more about dividing us all into comfort zones than uniting us as brothers around the world. One might consider focusing more on one's God than on religion which appears to be more about rituals, practices, and personal preferences. If we are a devout follower of our God and allowing His power to rule us then we will not be detoured by smaller distractions like getting "picked on." And if this continues to be personally bothersome maybe we need to exam WHO we are following and the real power there....

Just a thought...

7. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

well religions and the talk of racism alway seem to be one of the subject, that get the arousal in most folks, not only you, or your religion. its called epidemic deconnection(smile

working