jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How to get children eat sprouts?

1. thumbi7 profile image63
    thumbi7posted 4 years ago

How to get children eat sprouts?

2. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

You may try getting them to do it the gradual way, such as cooking them in or with one of their favorite foods. Over time make the sprouts the dominate ingredient, and eventually serve them independently. Or, if the children like salad, try making them one with sprouts in it.

3. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 4 years ago

it depends on if you are trying to make them eat them raw because children should not eat raw bean sprouts they can cause illness in children.

4. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

I'd ask why you felt the need for them to eat sprouts, which have a strong flavour many people don't like. There are plenty of other vegetables to choose from.

1. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree, innerspin.

5. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 4 years ago

I think you either just make them eat them, or you hide them in something.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

I wrote a hub about sprouting-- and told about the process we used in a kindergarten class to show then how seeds sprout, day by day. -- on the 5th day we offered to let them taste the sprouts on crackers with cream cheese.
    A few were hesitant but I don't think anyone declined after they saw how much everyone else liked them.
    http://rochelle-frank.hubpages.com/hub/ … -Nutrition

7. profile image54
    soultouchposted 4 years ago

Salad is a really great way for it. I generally steam it and then mix it in the salad (like cabbage/onion/tomatos) and just add little lemon juice, little sugar and salt. it tastes great.

working