jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I know of a wonderful dessert recipe that I made tonight and want to share it on

1. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

I know of a wonderful dessert recipe that I made tonight and want to share it on HP, but ...

I made a dessert recipe that I love and want to share it here, but it is not my own, and it is by a famous person ...so is it okay to share the recipe here if I indicate that the recipe is by the person?

2. Pollyannalana profile image87
    Pollyannalanaposted 4 years ago

Sure, I see other people do that all the time! If there is no two sets of rules you got it covered.

Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much, Pollyannalana!  I thought I have seen such before. While I was making it, I took pictures, and then realized, this is not really my own recipe lol. I may give it a try then and see how it goes over.  Blessings

3. dorothy0328 profile image76
    dorothy0328posted 4 years ago

I don't see why not now I have been told and someone please correct me if I am wrong but Plagiarism rules do not exactly apply to recipes however if you take a recipe out of a book and completely copy the intro to the recipe (i.e. I got this recipe from my grandmother and we used to make it for the holidays blah blah blah) the recipe ingredients , process and additive ideas word for word as it is printed in the book you could fall under the Plagiarism rules. Now if you are going to take a recipe and reword it in your own words and maybe even omit or add something to the recipe, however containing the same ingredients and process you may not fall under those rules however as a cook it is always proper (or at least to me)  to credit  your recipe to the creator if it is not your own.

Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I would credit it and I have taken my own photos when making it. I would basically just tell of the ingredients and how I prepared it in my own words. Thank you for answering!

working