jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What are perfect casserole or recipes for potlucks, such as for work, church, fa

1. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

What are perfect casserole or recipes for potlucks, such as for work, church, family gatherings?

I'm working on a hub about this. Just looking for great ideas to link to.

2. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image99
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago

I make this hash brown potato casserole with cornflakes etc....  It's incredibly cheesy and delicious, "Cheesy Hash brown Casserole" is the name maybe.  I can't remember the exact name of it, but whatever it is, that thing gets eaten at any gathering and very quickly.  I've seen it at at many functions too.  In fact I was at a funeral luncheon yesterday and it was being served.

1. Carb Diva profile image96
      Carb Divaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have had this also and it's wonderful! (Well, anything with cheesy potatoes is yummy, right?). If you could find a recipe I would be a very happy girl.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image91
      Victoria Lynnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yummy! Someone brought a hash brown casserole to a work potluck before. So good!

3. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 3 years ago

I've done an amazing chicken, broccoli and potato casserole that is /to die for/.

You're making me hungry! Sounds great!

4. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 3 years ago

I'm often faced with the need to take a potluck dish to church, but we live 30 minutes away so a hot dish is no longer hot. My solution is a cold pasta salad. One that is easy to put together is cook a pound (box) of pasta (we like the bow-tie shaped) and add a container of krab salad (the kind you get in the deli with artificial crab meat, onions, peppers, and a mayo-based dressing). I usually add some black olives, green onions, and a bit of fresh or dill or dried dill weed. If dry stir in some sour cream or Greek yogurt.

That sounds great! I have made macaroni salad before with Italian dressing, black olives, pepperonis, onions, peppers . . .  Krab salad sounds great, too!

5. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 3 years ago

I have a carrot salad that is super healthy and super good that always goes over well: shredded carrots, few cloves of garlic, raisins, parsley, olive oil, honey, salt. My sister says she can successfully sneak this into gatherings where the offerings may not be so healthy and it gives people something positive to "think" about, like, "Maybe good food isn't all that bad after all."

I've never heard of a combination like that. That sounds really different--but good! And healthy! Thanks!

6. StoneCircle profile image88
    StoneCircleposted 3 years ago

Look up the recipe Shipwreck Stew. It is an oldy but goody. Many a church potluck has had this casserole. Serves many people and they Like it!

Shepherds pie is a standby that I use when my brothers are around. They love potatoes and it is hard for me to get them to eat veggies.

I looked it up. Looks good--and healthy! I need to try this!

working