jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Besides ham, with what else would you use prepared horseradish?

1. Tom Vogler profile image81
    Tom Voglerposted 3 years ago

Besides ham, with what else would you use prepared horseradish?

2. Robert the Bruce profile image60
    Robert the Bruceposted 3 years ago

Horseradish is very good with roast beef sandwiches. In fact, horseradish goes well with many types of meat sandwiches and other foods, if that's your thing.

Tom Voglerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I know it does a great job opening the sinuses!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yup, I always put horseradish on my pot roast.

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Here in the UK horseradish is traditionally served with roast beef a sort of natural partner. I've also had horseradish with strong blue cheese and that seems to work nicely too.

Tom Voglerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great!  I really like a strong blue cheese.  I've noticed several European countries have different versions of Blue.  Stilton, Roquefort and Gorganzola are among my favourites.

4. Kathy Stutzman profile image86
    Kathy Stutzmanposted 3 years ago

Yummm, I love horseradish with pot roast, and corned beef. I also make my own cocktail sauce for dipping shrimp and a great horseradish makes the cocktail sauce. And finally, shredding a little fresh horseradish into a pumpkin or butternut squash puree with nutmeg and a little butter...makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

5. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 3 years ago

I make my own salad dressings and always use horseradish in them as well as homemade marinades and BBQ sauce. I also use it in Bloody Mary cocktails smile It is really good mixed with honey for a carrot glaze and I tend to add it to mashed potatoes because it gives it a nice kick

6. profile image0
    MasterDripperposted 3 years ago

I put it on all sandwhiches...beef, chicken, ham, tuna, turkey (maybe not peanut butter and jelly)

working