jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

What did you throw on the grill over the Labor Day weekend?

1. swilliams profile image84
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

What did you throw on the grill over the Labor Day weekend?

What did your grill over this long weekend? Meat or Vegetables? Do you have pictures? We grilled T-bone steak  Louisiana's Cajun Grill Sausages.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9229516_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

We spent all day at the lake and when we got home it was too late to grill anything...so we just ordered pizza smile

swilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Family time is always a great way to spend Labor Day!

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Not a damned thing!  We ate leftover lasagna and leftover burritos.
    Leftovers keep our budget alive, and grilling is for special occasions only, like our annual 4th of July party, or a birthday or something, when we have guests over.
    Otherwise, it's just hubby and I, and with his health, we're pretty severely housebound, especially when it's hot, as it has been this weekend; his body does not regulate temperature well, so he has to stay inside with the A/C on most of the summer.  Ironic, since we originally moved here for the heat, being sick of freezing all summer in San Francisco.

Lasagna and burritos sound good! I like that Italian Spanish food vibe you got going on DzyMsLizzy!

4. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

We did Hamburgers on the grill, but really this is no different than any other weekend. We grill out at least once a week. We also go to the lake at least once a week in the summer. So we really just did the same thing we always do. Family time at the lake with burgers, corn on the cob, and grilled veggie kabobs.

A lot of people went to the lake this Labor Day! That's sounds fun! It's nice to know that you have family time like this often Peeples! Good tradition!

5. brakel2 profile image82
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

We did chicken and my daughter came over. It was a quiet day. Life has become too hectic, and it is good once in a while to sit back and relax and stop to smell the roses.

I agree! We did a lot of catching up with family members as well. I'm glad you had some daughter and mother bonding time brake12, that is a must!

6. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I do not have a grill, and I am glad of that because I heard that it is one of the dirtiest spots around and you really have to clean it. I just ate my normal meals & spent my day on HP.

Oh yes Examiner one, we do clean the grill. So you had sandwich with some salmon from a can, spices and cheese. Plus tea and desert. Always a good combination Examiner 1.

7. goatfury profile image91
    goatfuryposted 3 years ago

Chicken and apple sausage!  But we grilled them indoors on the Foreman grill.  They were delicious!

I love the Foreman Grill! You can't go wrong there goatfury! That sounds really good!

working