jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

This may sound crazy, but as I child I truly loved Campbell's Bean and Bacon Sou

1. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

This may sound crazy, but as I child I truly loved Campbell's Bean and Bacon Soup, however, it is...

I truly loved Bean with Bacon soup as a child, but noticed just how much sodium is added to the soup!  Crazy!
    Does anyone out there have a great recipe of a homemade Bean and Bacon soup without so much sodium, they are willing to share, or better yet, publish a recipe hub on!  Thank you for answering

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12139042_f260.jpg

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

The bacon alone has an overdose of sodium.....  :-(

Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are right, and I was just telling my husband that exact same thing!  But that is what makes it so good ... However, bean soup is so very healthful for us.  Thank you for answering, dear DzyMsLizzy!

3. bravewarrior profile image94
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

Faith, I have a recipe for beans and ham soup. It's my mom's recipe and oh-so-delicious! The next time you have a ham, save the bone. Make sure there's still some meat attached to it. If you're interested, email me and I'll send it to you.

Oh, yes, Sha, thank sounds amazing! Thank you so much. I will do so. I read how wonderful of a cook your mother is and you too as a result. You are so kind.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

I rather eat out of the canned red beans than cook, taste awesome and sweet

I do love red beans too!

5. The Examiner-1 profile image76
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Faith, I imagine that you are speaking about their Condensed brand. Campell's has a Bean & Bacon under "Heart Healthy" that is half of the sodium of their Condensed brand, and Progresso has a 'southwest style' under "Heart Healthy" also that is about the same in sodium.

Oh, yes, Kevin, I did not even think about their "Heart Healthy" soups they have now. Thank you so much!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image76
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome Faith. I hope that they help. Do you want the URL's? I forgot to include them before.

3. Faith Reaper profile image88

Oh, no, I can find them but thank you so much. I am enjoying the holiday off today. Another sunny and beautiful day here.

6. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

I love that soup, too, but the sodium is outrageous! You inspired me to google copycat recipes. This is my favorite of the ones I found, and I plan to try it soon! http://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-camp … oup-518582

Oh, wow, Victoria Lynn, thank you so much for sharing!  I know, I look at the can the other day and was stunned at the amount of sodium ...whoa!!!

2. Victoria Lynn profile image90
      Victoria Lynnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I know! I need to get away from canned soups. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe!

3. Faith Reaper profile image88

Yes, it sounds great. They do have the "Healthy Choice" soups as Kevin suggested. Now, I have two great recipes. Thank you.

working