jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

The documentary "Food,Inc"

1. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 7 years ago

On Earth Day I saw a few blips on TV about this documentary exposing some horrible facts about food production.
    Has onyone seen it? I am going to see it Thursday and am a bit nervous. Thanks, Holly

1. sarovai profile image76
      sarovaiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I didnot see. Why can't you share what you seen?

2. Sab Oh profile image54
    Sab Ohposted 7 years ago

I have seen it many times. Made me hungry.

3. profile image67
    logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago

They have their own agenda and bend the facts to fit that agenda.  I encourage everyone who has a problem with the way food is produced, to produce their own or quit eating!  It is all that simple!  I produce much of my own and avoid restaurants, and feel good about it.
    We have our heads in the sand about all that goes on about us except for what we want to see, which for most, is very little!

4. h.a.borcich profile image61

The only portion of the movie I saw was in a chicken farm where the chickens grew so fast from the growth hormones that they can only walk a few steps before they fell over. That was all I saw so far sarovai.
    I have lived on a farm and know that food production is not always pretty. Most of the time I shop farmers markets and buy meats directly from farmers I know well. In the summer we grow all we can and then preserve all we can, too.
    I am sure there is a bias as there is with anything, but I am really hoping to get facts about food production as it pertains to chemicals/growth hormones so I can be an informed consumer.
    Thanks, Holly

1. sarovai profile image76
      sarovaiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Still we need to go far for more consumer awareness about all products.

5. h.a.borcich profile image61

Has anyone seen the entire documentary? smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yes, I have. people should watch it and make up their own minds.
      I've also read the book by Michael Pollan, The Omnivore's Dilemma.
      I don't think it's too difficult to realize that something is wrong with our food.

I think people that have a problem with it simply don't want to accept the facts given, and not just those given in the film.

I have a couple of hubs that give reference to it along with a short trailer and an interview with Pollan. also have informative links.  one is about food additives to avoid, the other is about organic food.

here's a link to one of the hubs. it also has a short video with Pollan and you will find the Food, Inc link also.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-Ten-List-of … s-to-Avoid

6. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

here is the official Food, Inc site.
    it has many resources and a lot of info if you really search the site.

http://www.foodincmovie.com/

7. Lamme profile image71
    Lammeposted 7 years ago

I've seen it several times.  It definitely gives you something to think about.  Unfortunately, our food supply isn't as wholesome as some would like to believe.

8. h.a.borcich profile image61

Thank you both for the input. And the links are very helpful - I had no idea of the book - thank you very much! I am very much looking forward to the hubs smile Holly

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this

thanks Holly. I hope you enjoy the documentary. part of it is hard to watch, but it needs to be seen and they have ways to take action at the end. be sure to watch the short doc that comes on after it about milk.

oops, forgot to add, the book is amazing. Omnivore's Dilemma. one receives a thorough education of how food makes it to your dinner table. fascinating read.

9. MikeNV profile image81
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

It's a good film, everyone should see it.  Opens your eyes to the reality that is our food supply and why it's so contaminated.

working