jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (24 posts)

What Vegetarian Dish You Wish You Knew How To Cook

1. vegetarianforkids profile image60
    vegetarianforkidsposted 6 years ago

I am looking to put out some vegetarian and vegan recipes and videos in hubpages. I would love to share my vegetarian meal ideas and recipes on what you are looking for.

1. Tightwad Gourmand profile image57
      Tightwad Gourmandposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I love felafel, but the few times I've tried to make them at home they've never turned out as good as the ones I've had from even the humblest Middle-Eastern takeout joint. Mostly, mine fall apart the second they hit the oil in the pan, and those I get cooked in one piece are dry and gritty-textured. I'm obviously doing something (more likely several somethings!) wrong! I'd love to get some expert advice on how to make great felafel at home. Thanks!

vegetarianforkidsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Felafel is one of my favorites too. Nutritious and full of protein. I am putting a hubpage together to incorporate requests from this forum so far. You will have the best felafal recipe in that. Stay tuned!

2. Rafini profile image88
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

A cottage loaf, made with cottage cheese and flake cereal (& I don't know what else).  I used to have the recipe, because I liked it so much, but lost it after I made it once - over 20 years ago, and the source of the recipe is long gone.

I'd also like to know how to make a mushroom burger - no idea what's in it - besides mushrooms - but it sure was tasty!

Hi Rafini,
      Happy New Year. I certainly can put something together on mushroom burger. As for cottage loaf can you explain what the cooked cottage loaf looked like and its texture.

1. Rafini profile image88
        Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it looked like a regular meatloaf, and the texture was similar to Chef Boyardee meatballs.

Thanks in advance! smile

<snipped - please do not promote your Hubs in the Forums>

3. CennyWenny profile image85
    CennyWennyposted 6 years ago

Ya know, lentils seem like such a good idea but I don't know what to do with them. The same goes for quinoa. Practical recipes with those would make my day!

Thank you for your post. I uploaded a youtube video yesterday of a recipe using lentils. Enjoy!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdZNqOJPtys

4. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

Easy low-carb vegetarian recipes would be great!

Being a vegetarian, legumes and tofu are my staple for protein. Easy rice paper rolls with teriyaki tofu are deliciously nutritious. Will include the recipe in a hub very soon.

5. camlo profile image85
    camloposted 6 years ago

Do you have a recipe for succulent, vegetarian burgers. The ones I've tried so far have always been too dry to enjoy.

Sure! Mushroom burgers are delicious and very easy to cook. A hub on its way with easy vegetarian recipes. Stay tuned!

1. camlo profile image85
        camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I'll stay tuned!

6. kerryg profile image85
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

International vegetarian recipes, especially Indian and East/Southeast Asian!

I have much to share in the Indian Vegetarian recipes arena. Putting a hub together. Will keep you posted.

2. wordscribe43 profile image93
      wordscribe43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Totally agree.  One of my favorite vegetarian Indian dishes is called Malai Kofta... unbelievable.  I've always wanted to learn to make it.

7. philzgrill profile image77
    philzgrillposted 6 years ago

my mother used to make walnut patties with some type of gravy.  the recipe was designed to taste like hamburgers.  it's an excellend recipe and i can send out out if anyone is looking for an excellent recipe.  i'm not a particularly fan of vegetarian recipes but would be interested in seeing a few new ones.

That sounds interesting! - walnut pattie with gravy (mushroom?) I would love to know how its cooked.

8. chechetka profile image57
    chechetkaposted 6 years ago

I agree with Camlo, some nice veggie burger recipe! However, my partner doesn't eat mushrooms:( so if you have any recipes without mushrooms that would be great. And also legumes recipes. thanks

1. loveingyou profile image36
      loveingyouposted 6 years ago

There's this Asian cuisine that involves making foods that taste like meat from soy milk or beans. I absolutely love it! But I have no idea how to make it...

Are you talking about Tempeh dishes? Tempeh is a soy product originally from Indonesia. It can be cooked in so many delicious ways such as burgers, wrapped in banana leaves, sauteed with green vegetables, fried battered tempeh, just to name a few.

2. cascoly profile image60
      cascolyposted 6 years ago

lots of vegan and vegetarian recipes at

http://hubpages.com/hub/Best-Recipes-fr … -the-World

3. vegetarianism profile image56
      vegetarianismposted 6 years ago

Stuffed Mushrooms are my fovorite.

working