jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Turkey Stuffing Recpes

1. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Okay this may be a strange request but I am going to ask anwy because I need an asnwer before next Wednesday when I do grocery shopping for our Thanksgiving Dinner.
    My daughter who is coming to join us for Thanksgiving Dinner does not like the traditional bread stuffing.  So I want to try something else.  She doestn' like sausage either.  I had a recipe for rice parmaesan, but that gets old real quick.  I need some recipes.  Can anyone help me?  I think since I won't have 6-8 people this year that we may be getting a smaller Turkey say about 14 pounds.

Oh and since I do lke the traditiona bread stuffing (can't get enough of this) how do I cook it in a cassarole dsih.  The last time I tried that it got way too dry for me.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image75
      Shirley Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have used chicken flavoured OXO (or equivalent) with butter melted into it and wrapped the stuffing tightly in tin foil.  It's moister that way, but never tastes quite as good as when cooked inside the turkey, in my opinion.

I love stuffing too.  I'd be happy to just eat the stuffing and forget the bird.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Doesn't like sausages? What is wrong with her?

As for the casserole - add some vegetable stock smile

Okay, I'm trying to picture Mark with a "Kiss the Cook" apron and chef's hat.

Bet you BBQ a mean steak.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do, but cooking is one of my favorite pastimes and my repertoire goes beyond a steak on the grill smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Easy-Beef-Wellington-
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Baked-Trout-wit … -and-Herbs

I seem to remember that you cooked (now that you reminded me).  I see that one of these recipes is for trout, which I absolutely love!  Sadly, I am no cook.  Haven't got the apron or hat, either.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image59
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah we think she was switched at birth.  She doesn't like bacon either and the whole fmaily loves bacon!

So still no recipes on turkey stuffing that doesn't include bread. 

I am with you Shilrey!  I could eat the stuffing and forget the bird too--only I love cranberry sauce ont he slices of Turkey way to much to give that up!

No, no, no!!!  Okay, when you're eating it cold, maybe forget the cranberries.  When it's hot, cover with gravy and top with a generous helping of cranberries - YUM!!!  smile

3. Shirley Anderson profile image75
    Shirley Andersonposted 9 years ago

In other words, make the stuffing and gravy, then throw the turkey away and enjoy the rest.

All this talk about turkey--mouth watering already!!

4. Maddie Ruud profile image80
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

Try one of the rice stuffing recipes I have up (the first one, and then the third one up from the bottom).

Yum Yum, I like them all!!!  I put your hub in the favorites because I don't have or know how to set up printer sharing yet.  Thank You!!

working