National Lasagna Day - Spinach Lasagna
29 luglio Festa Nazionale Lasagna!
Ok, maybe you don't speak Italian, but you don't have to know the language to love the food!
National Spinach Day is March 26th and National Lasagna Day is July 29th, but you can celebrate these saucy holidays any day of the year.
One of my favorite meals is spinach lasagna, but I don't make it as often as I like. That was until I discovered easier methods of making this hearty meal.
Making a lasagna dish may seem like a lot work, but it doesn't have to be with the latest bakeware items.
Look at some of the newest baking pans, dishes and cookbooks along with my spinach lasagna recipe right here.
Photo by Photobucket by moonlady817 http://media.photobucket.com/image/spinach%20lasagna/moonlady817/Food/spinlasag.jpg?o=11
Photo credit by Favored1 or Amazon unless otherwise noted. This artwork is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. When used: Animation by www.glitter-graphics.com, www.picgifts.com, www.photobucket.com and www.animateit.net
What does lasagna mean?
The Italian word lasagna can refer
to the type of pasta you use
for the meal,
and it also can refer to the layers.
Lasagna layers may contain vegetables, meat, cheese, and sauce.
Amazing Italian Dinner Music. - Listen as you browse this site.
Invite the guests, light the candles, turn up the music as you listen to 33 of the most beautiful piano selections of Italian Dinner music.
Also available on CD
Poll:Ti piacciono le lasagne?
Photo credit by glittergraphics
Are you a lasagna lover?
Take it from the Chef
Lasagna Baking Pan - Lasagne teglia
Have you ever been in the mood for several different tastes, but didn't feel like an entire meal of just one thing? Or maybe you feel like eating something your family doesn’t want. I know this has happened to me so many times as a vegetarian.
I love this pan. With it I can make vegetarian and meat dishes without having to cook different times. Usually I would have to wait for my meal while the other meat dishes were already done. The 3 trays are the same size as most lasagna noodles, so I can make 3 different kinds of lasagna and please everyone. You will love this pan for so many other things too.
Nonstick coated steel
Channels sized to fit standard lasagna noodles
Make up to 3 different recipes in one pan
Chefs Prefer the All-Clad Lasagna Pan - Lo Chef preferisce la padella All-Clad lasagne
I know for a fact that Chefs do prefer All-Clad pans, and this is one that comes with a lid. It's perfect for leftovers since you don't have to transfer the food into another dish. Just cover it up and pop it in the refrigerator.
Features an 18/10 stainless steel interior and polished stainless exterior.
Dishwasher safe and does not react with foods.
Large, easy to grip handles for lifting from the oven
Perfect gifts for the new couple, great anniversary gift and for the budding chefs in your life.
Polished 18/10 stainless steel is rust-resistant
Hinged loop handles ensure easy cooking and safe lifting
Extra deep pan allows for multiple layers of food and no spillovers
Oven-safe to 600 F
Recipe by Favored1: www.squidoo.com/favored-1
Preheat Oven 425 degree
lasagna pan or large baking dish
Optional: small foil loaf baking pans
Prep Time: Approx. 20 minutes
Total Time: Approx. 90 minutes
Serves: 10 people
- 1 package 12 oz. oven ready lasagna noodles
- 30 oz. ricotta cheese
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. each of these dried seasonings: basil
- Oregano seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- Parsley seasoning
- 10 oz. cooked chopped spinach (drained and squeezed)
- ground black pepper
- 30 oz. tomato sauce (approximately)
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, eggs. herbs and pepper
- Add one cup of mozarella and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Traditional Directions if you do it in a 9 x 13 pan
- - Use cooking spray on pan.
- - Spoon sauce in the bottom of pan
- - Layer the lasagna over sauce filling the bottom of the pan with one layer of noodles.
- - Spoon a layer of ricotta cheese mix over noodles.
- - Spoon thin layer of spinach over cheese mix.
- - Spoon sauce over it
- Note: Some people like to sprinkle cheese between layers. It's optional.
- - Add another layer of lasagna and repeat these steps 3 times or until noodles are gone.
- - Make sure you do not cover the top layer of noodles with cheese or spinach.
- - Cover top layer with sauce.
- - Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and mozarella.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 60 minutes or until you can cut it with a fork easily.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes to set. Do not remove foil until ready to cut.
- I like to use this method below so I can freeze mini lasagna meals for myself. Just thaw and re-heat. A great time saver.
- Using a Mini Loaf Foil Pan:
- - Spray pans with cooking spray.
- - Follow the same steps, but break the noodles so they fit in the pan.
- - Place 3 mini loaf pans on a baking sheet. Bake as directed.
- You may need to reduce cooking time.
- Serve with a salad and warm Italian Bread, Hot Rolls or Cheesy Bread.
- Lasagna recipe photo by Photobucket
Step-by Step for Mini Spinach Lasagna - This is the one I make the most. Get directions for amounts and time from recipe.Click thumbnail to view full-size
I used an 8x8 pan
Tray Spinach Lasagna - I made a smaller one because I didn't have enough noodles for the large dish after making the mini lasagnas.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Decorative Baking Dishes
Forno Piatti decorativi
Other Dishes for Your Fabulous Creation ~ Bake N' Take in Style - Good Baking Products are Important ~ Buoni Prodotti da forno sono importanti
Dress up any table with these beautiful baking dishes. They go from oven to table, to frig to microwave. No need to transfer remaining food. Cook, serve, cover and store in the same dish.
Holiday Mini Foil Loaf Pans - Casa Vacanze Mini fogli pane Padelle
I use these mini baking pans literally for almost every meal I bake. This way I am sure to have "ready" meals for myself in a pinch when time is really short. All I need to do is take one out of the freezer and heat it up. That's good eating, without all the mess!
They work great for my banana bread or cake recipes also. This way I always have meals, cake or whatever ready for when company drops in or ready gifts just to give one away.
Make your dish in mini foil pans for freezing or giving to a shut-it.
Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes - Ricette Lasagne vegetariane
Vegetarian Lasagne - Recipe
Kim's Kitchen, Vegan Lasagna
How To Cook Vegetable Lasagne With Aubergines
Creamy Philly Yam and Spinach Lasagna
Cooking For Busy People - "Spinach Lasagna"
Lasagna Recipes - Ricette lasagne
- Spinach Lasagna III fro All Recipes
More lasagna cooking at its best.
- Four Cheese and Spinach Lasagna from Food.Net Kitchens
Master chef's recipe for success.
- Kraft Foods Spinach Lasagna
Recipes and tips for making the best foods for family and friends.
- Spinach and Cheese Lasagna by Whole Foods Market
Natural and organic foods.
- Healthy Spinach Lasagna from Good Morning America
ABC Good Morning America recipes people love.
You can substitute the ricotta cheese with tofu or fat free cottage cheese.
Why not try Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups for a change? Take a look below.
Lasagna Roll-Ups (you have to cook the noodles for these recipes) - You can leave out meat if you want.
Spinach-Chorizo Lasagna Roll-Ups
Spinach Lasagna Rollups
Veg Lasagna roll ups
Lasagna Roll Up Recipes - From the Best Known Chefs and Names in the Business
- Taste of Home Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
There are several lasagna roll up ideas on this site.
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls
by Skinney Taste.com
- Cooks.com Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
64 recipes for lasagna roll ups.
- Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups with a Slow Simmered Sauce
This recipe can be made with/without meat.
- Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna Roll-ups with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Recipe using mushrooms.
- Kraft Foods Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Kraft kitchen ideas for lasagna.
Have any sauce left over? Try making pizza on Italian or French Bread
French Bread Pizza
French Bread or Flat Bread Pizza! Yum! It's quick, easy, filling and fun. Sure you can buy some pre-packaged French Bread Pizza, but it's not the same, nor d...
Put the noodles the opposite way you put the first layer.
This helps the lasagna hold together when cutting.
Remember to put the noodles in the opposite direction each time you start a new layer.
Cookbooks You'll Love
Lasagna Cookbooks - Lasagne
Have you ever tried Lemon or Lobster Lasagna? What about Goat Cheese Lasagna? Neither have I, but with this new cookbook I could make Lasagna recipes from all over the world. There is even a Breakfast Lasagna – now that’s something that I need to try.
Great recipes from the best kitchens.
Cafe and gardens, Como, Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy, Europe
Photographic Prints by Amazon. Click on photograph for details.
By the Way ...
Are you a lasagna lover?
In the quiz, if you answered "Sei un noodle" you just admitted "You're a noodle!"
Poll: Having fun yet?
Did you learn some Italian from this site?
- Translator, Language
See how I translated my text into Italian.
Visit my latest blog post: Daily Favor Blog