Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Turn that frown upside down...
.....and yeah...the number on the scale is going down too! This recipe takes the cake with its low carb flours and low glycemic index natural sweeteners. Chickpea, teff and almond flours give this cake its structure. The caramelized pineapple and maple agave syrup are the tops in this dynamite dessert. It makes a lovely presentation for guests and for your appearance as well! Sprinkle Maraschino Cherries and blueberries on top and make this a great Fourth of July Pic-Nic item. Why not do the all american thing and crown it with a dollop of non-dairy, low-cal whipped topping. This cake is King!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Coat cake pan with non stick no calorie spray.
Mix Chia gel and let sit for ten minutes: 1 teaspoon chia seeds and 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup chick pea flour
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons truvia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon saigon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon clove
- 1 tablespoon chia gel
- 2 tablespoons maple agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice from canned pineapples
- i can sliced pineapple rings
- Line cake pan with pineapple rings.
- Mix dry ingredients in another bowl first and then add wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple rings in the cake pan.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Let cool.
- Flip onto a plate and slice a bit of heaven!
This Is How It's Done! XO
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.