Amazon Thoughts

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Jule Romans profile image95
    Jule Romansposted 13 years ago

Why should you even read or respond to this post????  I know NOTHING!!!! smile

I have earned almost nothing
    -- If I want to earn more, I need to publish lots of articles, frame them as product reviews, and use keyword research for TRAFFIC not CPC

I am pretty new at this
    --- I will need patience and persistence

I am a terrible salesperson
    --- I will need to write my new articles with several new strategies in mind, including call to action and problem/solution

I have found a niche, but not a niche market.
    --- I'll need to take some of my niche articles and spin off from them as product articles. A totally differetn animal. Yet, the niche articles do help build my credibility for the future.

tongue

I share my thoughts for two reasons: 1) it helps me clarify my thinking and 2) maybe some of you will  share your own ideas.

Also, I thought it would be fun to share it in a amusing format.

Jule Romansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AN amusing format.

2. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Once you have identified your problems all you need to do is figure out the solutions!

HA HA. When I was directing high school theatre, my  tech leaders and I had a running joke. When the cast and crew were getting all tensed up, we would often  discuss how to help them. We settled on  a sure fire formula for dealing with ANY difficulty in ANY situation. We decided we would do this:

Approach the member individually
      Ask them to write down the problem on a piece of paper
      Collect the paper
      Hold on to it for a minute or two without reading it
      Hand it back to them and say "Here's your problem, find a solution"

Never actually did that, but it made us laugh so hard just thinking about it.

smile

3. Devon S profile image59
    Devon Sposted 13 years ago

Don't give up, be persistent, success will happen eventually !!!

thanks,Devon!

4. brettb profile image60
    brettbposted 13 years ago

Keep going. My first 2 months were a failure, but last month I sold 10 products!

You'll need at least 20 Amazon hubs in order to get sales. You need to sell low value stuff. And find some original niches as it can be hard to shift the usual books and DVDs etc.

Good advice, thanks. I am still hunting up my niches.  Seems I learn a little more every day. I appreciate the encouragement.

5. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Hey Jule, I joined at around same time as you and I've only made about $20 commission on Amazon, so I'm no expert, but here my advice for what its worth:

*Your a store link at the top of the page is pretty prominant but when I clicked on it, it took me to a amazon associates sign up page - maybe get some others to check that out too. Also with the astore link - if when you create the link you go to advanced options and look for something like 'target frame open in new window' (sorry can't remember it has become automatic for me) - so when reader clicks link it will open in a new window and they can continue reading the original hub.

* you may know already but you will get paid commission from Amazon if someone buys something, even if it wasn't a product you listed. So maybe add a generic gardening stuff Amazon capsule at the end of your hub, with text above it that says something like 'Amazon stock a huge range of gardening products. Click on any of these product photos to go through to Amazon. Here you can read more about that product, or use Amazon's search and browse features to look at what they have on offer' - sorry I could've worded that better but you get the idea.

Anyway - I shall butt out now. Let me know if that's useful. But if it wasn't don't shatter my illusions that I have a future in this smile

VERY useful. Thank you. Especially the part about the link-- I'll check those.  I forgot about the new window thing, yes, that makes sense.  Great idea about the generic link. Never even thought of that. Smart girl, you.

Looks to me like you have a future. $20 sounds good. 

You weren't butting in, I  enjoyed your comments.
      I have been toying with different ideas and formats. My latest one is to do individual products with small descriptions.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I've mixed it up a bit - done some hubs with individually listed products and lots of decription. Then on my lazy days I just put up a keyword capsule, and write generic stuff about what to look for in that type of product, then say that there is more info about the product on Amazon, hoping they will click through and then once there the Amazon marketing will do the rest for me. Too early to say which is most successful as nearly half has come for each type of hub, and two items bought were totally unrelated to anything I've ever written about. I'm following you so maybe we can stay in touch and share what we learn as we go.
        Good luck.

I'm following you, too. smile

Feeling the love smile

6. cupid51 profile image67
    cupid51posted 13 years ago

I am here for about four months. I always go through this type of thread to find out the people who are not earning! It is because I want to console myself and feel that I am not alone! mad

Hey cupid I'm sure after 4 months no-one earns much. I've exchanged posts with some of the 'experts' on here who now earn pretty good money, but they had a tough start too. Just takes time. But I every morning before I long on I am still crossing my fingers that it will say 10,000 views in 24 hours smile - the stuff of dreams.

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I actually only created three hubsish when I first started at Hubpages.

I think forgot about it, I only came back about 6-7 months later when I started wondering where some invisible amounts of cash were coming from on my adsense earning reports!

I have been building hubs and watching my earnings improve ever since!

1. cupid51 profile image67
          cupid51posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have great hubs thisisoli , but frankly speaking I have very little idea about SEO and keyword research! But I won't give up; would try my best to gain knowledge and improve my hubs! Thanks a lot.  smile

2. cupid51 profile image67
        cupid51posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot Spacey Gracey for the response. You have really encouraged me by sharing your account information! I would like to take a look of your hubs to get an idea!  smile

3. Spacey Gracey profile image39

My goodness - I have just read this back and my typing is awful! Must try harder.

7. Darlene Sabella profile image60
    Darlene Sabellaposted 13 years ago

I was dropped from Amazon two months ago, and anyone living in Colorado will be removed from their program, has something to do with a law that was passed on taxing Amazon for the state of Colorado.  Its a shame, I have made NO money yet and I have 76 hubs, heavy traffic, so now I have Google, which is paying small, and eBay is like a waste of time.  I am becoming disillusioned.

8. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I make more money with other affiliate programs.
    Amazon has made hundreds of dollars from some of my articles and I've made under 20.00 and have to wait for it.
    I seems so out of balance and unfair.
    I don't know if I'll continue to use Amazon...(or ebay) in the future.roll

Got any affilaites you want to share? I want to get 150 Amazon hubs before the kids break up for summer hols, but in Sept I'll be back ready to try another strategy.

9. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Julie... it takes time!  Write what you love and you will find it will start happening for you smile

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So true. The best part is that once the work is done, its done. Leave it and from time to time you may well get lovely little surprises. Continue to invest more and more time and those surprises will increase in regularity smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)